All reviews sugarloaf mountain sugar loaf hotel located nice hotel lobby bar bed was comfortable the ground floor within walking distance localization block
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room was comfortable but small. You need to ask for a room with a view of the ocean or you will face a wall. It was a typical modern hotel room with lack of light and the doors opening into each other however the location was central to many places I wanted to go for my first time in Rio. I could walk to Sugarloaf mountain (20 min) and if you are a runner you can walk across the street to the beach, take a left and you are on an amazing bikepath around the coast. The bed was comfortable and the staff great. I hit my leg into the stairs on the way up for coffee and even before I sat down the person in the food reception area had a bag of ice for me. And when my fuse blew out in my room they fixed it promptly. Breakfast was ok.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2017

This hotel is brand new and offers a much upmost experience as compared to other hotel. It was worth it miles. The rooms are clean and large. The bed is comfy and also It can overlook ocean which is amazing.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

A group of is stayed at the Novotel RJ Botofogo for 3 weeks on a business trip. I was very pleased with my long stay. The rooms/bathrooms are very clean and maintaine, which is the most important thing to me. It is a typical hotel room, with a small fridge. Wifi works really well, as I was able to stream Netflix. My room was particularly nice since I had a fantastic view of Sugar Loaf mountain. The staff at the hotel weren't overly friendly, but were helpful when asked. I ate breakfast everyday at the hotel resturant, and it was very good. Nice selection of pastries, juices, fruits and cereals. The hotel is in a very nice area. It is close to area attractions and has shopping, resturants, and bars/clubs all within walking distance. I would definitely recommend Novotel RJ Botofogo to anyone wanting a nice clean hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nvasquez82
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Room was tight, chair was pushed against bed and you can't stand up. Shower cubicle gets water outside, no waste bin under sink which is rare. But overall it's still not bad...the location is good, near botafogo priai shopping mall. Wifi is very good.

Date of stay: May 2017