All reviews sugarloaf mountain hotel located sugar loaf nice hotel front desk the ground floor within walking distance localization block lounge
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The bald-head man at the hotel reception is not polite enough. He is rude. Otherwise we would have had a great stay in Rio de Janeiro. I will never go back there at Botafogo Novotel. On the other hand the room attendant and the restaurant staff were very pleasant, excellent.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank luizsantos2017
NovotelBotafogo, Gerente geral at Novotel RJ Praia de Botafogo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Hi Luizsantos2017,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Rio de Janeiro Botafogo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At the Novotel we strive to provide our guests the best service and products with the best quality.
I hope we have another chance to have you staying with us, I will look after your reservation myself.

Regards,

Novotel Botafogo

Reviewed 11 October 2017

on Arrival Room Key not working, down again with luggage and up again to the Room after a 20hours trip. The Stuff very unfriendly - I am a platinum Member - but not even a Please or Thank you ... it was just like ... Credit Card ... Passport etc.

In the Room still dirty Kleenex next to the bed ... believe it or not they stayed there for 3 days I Need go to the reception frequently because the Key is not working and other guest I met in the Elevator has the same Problems but the stuff and reception explained that it is my fault... - I showed them the pictured of the Kleenex and ask them friendly to clean the room well. ... next day no shampoo in the room ... they forgott to pick up the laundy ... sorry to say but this is one of the worst Hotels according to the Service I ever been. The Stuff is more than unfriendly in the end of the day i am sure this was my last stay in this Hotel

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This quite new 4-star Novotel of Acor brand is well designed. The best thing is the localization, just close of south area, airport and main touristic attractions. The rooms are all very spacious and clean. Unfortunately, you don't have a view to the Sugar loaf from the windows in every room, because most of rooms make side with buildings. There is a fitness center, with sauna and jacuzzi in the first floor. Charging aditional R$44 for the breakfast is optional for those who want to have the comfort of having the meal. The staff is kind and discret, just OK for the Brazilian standard. The main lounge has modern computers of easy access and a central bar service. Meeting rooms are available in the ground floor. This is a very comfortable hotel. You can easily reach the shopping mall Praia Botafogo and the Botafogo subway by a walking distance. There is some company's building nearby, the itaú cinema, the Church of Our Lady of Conceição and the Yoo2 hotel. Otherwise, the sidewalk is invaded by people selling books or small souvenirs. Crossing the avenue you can reach the Botafogo beach, that is inadequate for bathing due to pollution. Despite of this, I had an excellent stay with my partner and we both enjoyed all attractions nearby. Certainly, the hotel is convenient and cost-benefit recommendable.

Room tip: Front rooms (few) have a view to Sugar Loaf, but the side rooms are less noisy.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travel_World63
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room was comfortable but small. You need to ask for a room with a view of the ocean or you will face a wall. It was a typical modern hotel room with lack of light and the doors opening into each other however the location was central to many places I wanted to go for my first time in Rio. I could walk to Sugarloaf mountain (20 min) and if you are a runner you can walk across the street to the beach, take a left and you are on an amazing bikepath around the coast. The bed was comfortable and the staff great. I hit my leg into the stairs on the way up for coffee and even before I sat down the person in the food reception area had a bag of ice for me. And when my fuse blew out in my room they fixed it promptly. Breakfast was ok.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2017

This hotel is brand new and offers a much upmost experience as compared to other hotel. It was worth it miles. The rooms are clean and large. The bed is comfy and also It can overlook ocean which is amazing.

Date of stay: July 2017