“Beautiful but not so good”

Confeitaria Colombo
Ranked #7 of 164 Dessert in Rio de Janeiro
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A really nice building from the 19th century, but the meals are not all that. Famous because of the snacks, but there are others better in Rio.

Write a ReviewReviews (14,320)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was visiting from the US and my personal tourguide took me to this cafe and it was my favorite part of the walking tour. It was just a beautiful cafe, and looked more like a theater than a cafe. Everything looked delicious. My tourguide and I shared 4 pastries and 2 cappucino's and everything was delicious and the prices were very reasonable. It was very crowded at about 11AM on the weekend but the wait ended up being about 30 min. I look forward to coming back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Architecture is fantastic. Food is OK, nothing really special. I couldn’t buy any desserts because the waiting line was huge. Service is ok as well. Go there, take a picture and look for somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is elegant and sweet, all of the desserts are very tasty, there you can find also salty things like coxinha de frango which is typical for Brazil.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I ate lunch at Confeitaria Colombo during a trip through South America with Tauck. We were part of a large group. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful, lots of stained glass and ornamental fixtures. Looks like it was taken right out a city in Europe. We had the buffet which was quite good, lots of choices. Probably worth a visit if you are in the area.