“Fantastic lunch buffet”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Description: Located on Copacabana beach and with a kiosk on the edge of the Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, the Arab tradition carries in its essence tradition and creativity, characteristics of the house since its inauguration in 1996. With great passion and work, the result would not be otherwise: we became A reference of the Arab gastronomy in Rio de Janeiro! We offer traditional Mediterranean dishes and signature creations, developed by chef Vivian Arab. An explosion of colors and flavors! We work for breakfast, lunch time with buffet and dinner a la carte menu. Open all day. More than a restaurant, the Arab is a place of celebration of life and Arab culture. Every Tuesday and Thursday, from 9pm, we have belly dance performances in the Copacabana unit. Welcome to the Arab!
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Turned up there with a couple of hours to spare before jumping off to the airport. Very nice surprise....the buffet, as I was expecting a menu choice. The buffet had a very large assortment of Mediterranean style food with fresh baked flat bread. Nothing tasted bad and I can assure you I tasted a bunch of stuff! Your plates are weighed so take what you intend to eat, you can always go back and get more followed by another weigh. Service was nice and friendly too. cc or cash taken.Recommended....

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We are here tonight and the food was not great. I think they really specialise in traditional meze food, whereas I ordered fish and my husband had a lamb dish from the menu. The fish was dry and the flavour was overpowered by the onion and garlic.
If you eat here, stick to the meze.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Inside is decorated like a Turkish restaurant. It was comfortable and cheerful. Loved the decorated plates that they served the food on. The bread they served with our hummus was hot and puffy. Really delicious. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We were handed our bill, 158.85 Real, the waiter wrote 150 for tip, when I questioned him on this, a really big guy comes to our table and starts getting aggressive. When I told him I don't have 150 real in cash, he actually demanded to see my wallet At this point, we stood up and told him to shove it. What he was asking for15 real, but to most Americans, 150 is 150, the waiter's mistake, but the big AH, that made a scene with us is one of the weirdest experiences we have ever had. We travel all over the world, and usually misunderstandings like this can be cleared up, and laughed about. His aggressive approach with us, and the rude behavior was shocking.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Beware that the portions here can be huge. The food is authentic, well cooked and served by very friendly waiters. situated right opposite the cheap tacky kiosks on the beach.