“One of the most iconic views in Rio”

Circulo Militar da Praia Vermelha
Ranked #247 of 14,522 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Urca
Reviewed 13 November 2016

The views from the restaurant are stunning with the Pão de Açucar in the background. It is obviously quite a popular self-service restaurant with a very good selection of hot and cold dishes including plenty of salads. There are quite often queues to enter depending on the time you arrive. I had lunch there two days running and the second visit confirmed my first impressions.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

People never notice, but very close to the Sugar Loaf there is a restaurant that belongs to a militery club called CIRCULO MILITAR. A wonderful variety of the main brazilian dishes are waiting for us, the food is plenty and the flavours are simply unique. Super honest prices and I always eat there and take my friends. As a local, I can say it is a wonderful place and with gorgeous view to Praia Vermelha Beach. One of the best options for eating that I know in Rio, it is greatly recommended!

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Nice place, head for the outside section, with stunning view to the beachlife at Praia Vermelha and The Sugarloaf mountain. Good food, seafood and meat and good service, one of my favourites in Rio.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

It´s a place near by the sugar loaf at the side of the beach and with a very good view. Noce place to ralax and have a meal. It has a buffet and a restaraunt a la carte.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

When I take guests to visit Sugar Loaf I often suggest we eat lunch here. The food is always good and fresh. There is a wide variety. They charge by the quantity (weight) that you get.
But the best part is the location, right on Red Beach (Praia Vermelha) with a view of the Atlantic Ocean and Sugar Loaf Mountain.