Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$84
  • Pool
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$88
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Copacabana Posto 2(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$38
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$104
  • Breakfast included
Linx Galeao by GJP(Rio de Janeiro)
US$89
US$46
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

Acapulco Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$86
Windsor Excelsior Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$85
  • Pool
Novotel Rio de Janeiro Parque Olimpico(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Pool
Santa Tere Hostel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$24
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I made a reservation with Art Hostel Rio online and received an email confirmation. After Art Hostel Rio had already charged me the deposit, I got an email from the manager stating that the hostel rates had changed and my original agreement with the hostel would no longer be honored. The manager asked for me to pay a rate 5x higher than what was already explicitly stated in my confirmation. If I did not agree to the new terms, he told me that my reservation would be cancelled and my deposit would not be refunded.
I don't know any reputable business that agrees to sell you something, takes your money, and then asks for more money because their sale was over and threatens not to return the cash you've already spent. Fortunately, my credit card company refunded me the money but I wouldn't want anyone else to experience the headache I did trying to remedy this situation. Be warned, this hostel's business practices are not to be trusted.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 168kpek
Reviewed 30 June 2013

After touring around dowtown with my suitcase for several hours, I finally gave in and asked a cab to take me to the first hostel he knows. Just my luck, he dropped me off at Arte Hostel .
The hostel is a beautiful old mansion, kind of like a grungy Manhattan loft crossed with an old portuguese villa, and had a great exhibition while I was there.
I must say the absolute highlight though, is the staff, all bilingual or trilingual and pretty much always there for you, and by that I mean that they are capable of having a real conversation and giving you some true advice about what to do, when and how.
I was staying in a 12 bed dorm, but it was always clean and the room being spacious it didnt feel too crowded. Breakfast is delicious and varied, the location is perfect, close to flamengo beach and park, metro station and 24h food joints around the block as well as supermarkets and bars.. All of that at an unbeatable price.. What more can you ask for ?
Honestly, having backpacked around the world for over five years, it is refreshing to find a place with a soul, a place that gives a little ! I cannot recomend it enough.

Room Tip: The second floor 12 bed dorm has more windows =)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The building apparently used to be a hotel, and this old building was fit into a hostel. So, it is an old, barroque building (as almost all of the Rio Antigo area), and really charming. Some of the comments in French were really picky, I guess they expect a hostel to be ultra new and luxurious. Plus, they clearly don't know that in Brazil they sell concentrated juice, so you have to add water... in France they sell it diluted already, anyway... Breakfast is amazing, and all the fruity smells of Rio were there in the kitchen, when you walked the beautiful street in where the hostel is located... The bedroom is simple, but everything was clean and Latin American!

Good value for a nice hostel!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AuguriC
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Art Hostel Rio is amazing. I was here 7 weeks and had the time of my life. The staff are more then friendly, especially Luciana Joao and Romulo! They make you feel at home immediately! The location of the hostel is really good, good area, very nice breakfast and good rooms!
It's become like my home in Brazil and I wil def going back here if I return to Rio! Thanx for everything!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I really enjoyed my two weeks at this hostel, I found the staff to be very helpful, friendly and approachable, they also know where the best parties are. The rooms are basic but there are CCTV cameras everywhere so there is great security. The breakfast is very typical of Brazil including great spreads and very nice cake. The location is also ideal as there is a metro station within 2 minutes walking distance. I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Rio. (Swimming pool and fitness centre not applicable)

Room Tip: The staff always know where the great parties are so not be afraid to ask
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo