“Close to airport”

Novotel RJ Santos Dumont
Ranked #59 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The hotel is your typical Novotel, you know it's clean and tidy with decent spacious rooms and shower and bathroom facilities.
The restaurant is open 24hrs but the bar closes at 11pm. I arrived late so had to go next door to the Ibis for a beer.
Security on the door, so in a safe environment.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank fitterno1
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We had 1 night stay at the hotel for our group of 3. The check in staff was very helpful and friendly. They had great suggestions and promptly got us what we needed. The room was clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is a business center so quiet on the weekends.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank twincitiesmom2010
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Marcio ramalho

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I honestly do not understand the reviews that find this hotel acceptable. If I could I would give it no stars. We did not feel comfortable or safe. I tried to connect to internet... many times nothing to do so I called the reception, the answer was "Oh the internet is not working really well when the hotel is full", what an answer!!
I have ordered some food at the restaurant and it was really not good! Also unclean glasses, plates, spoons and forks. Next day when I went to checkout I asked the front desk guy to get me a Manager but he said that no Manager was available at tha moment, so that´s it. There other good options or other brands much closer to tourist spots with better service.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Michel Z.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.
We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here before 2 years ago and very little has changed. Check-in was quick and easy as the reception staff here are excellent. Some lovely mini-desserts on arrival (see photo) that really brightened my day. Bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. Location is a few minutes from the airport but be warned there are absolutely no shops open nearby evenings and weekends.
Only 3 things I can find fault with - poor selection of non-alcoholic drinks at the bar, no bench outside the door for us smokers when we have to pop out and the restaurant added several items I didn't have. Always check my bills and there were 4 errors on this one.
There was one very strange experience though which I've already raised with the management and they've promised to rectify. When I went for breakfast with one of my colleagues the waiters (in black muscle shirts) were more like nightclub bouncers and made us feel incredibly uncomfortable while choosing and eating our breakfast. Almost felt like I was stealing the breakfast. They'd follow you round the buffet watching what you took being very intimidating. Not sure what's going on there but it is something that, if it happened next trip, I would ask to change hotels. Only ended up eating half my breakfast as I felt threatened which actually turned out to be a good thing as a very helpful guy on reception recommended the most incredible steakhouse and I needed the gastric space.
Other than the surreal breakfast it was an otherwise very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil J
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Phil J.,

Reviewed 20 April 2017

The key to this hotel is how close it is to the airport - Unless it's raining, it's a VERY easy walk over the footbridge and around he corner. I arrived Easter morning, so just about everything in the area was deserted. I did spend an hour or two walking around the area, but there wasn't that much to see.

Check-in was incredibly friendly and efficient - I was in my room within a few minutes.

The room was basic, but had everything I needed. The shower was nice and large (The bathroom was "Efficient"). Everything was clean and was working well.

The breakfast buffet was good, with many options (Including made-to-order eggs). I also had lunch in that same restaurant, and was really good, with fast, friendly service.

A great hotel, and one I would not hesitate to use again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NelPit
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

NelPit,