“decent sushi”

Ranked #484 of 14,581 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ipanema
Description: Since 1998 Fazendola Restaurant has blended tradition and innovation into its cuisine. A gastronomic complex divided into 2 environments with a wide variety of dishes, snacks and All You Can Eat Festival. The indoor area is open for lunch and dinner. During the day, besides the traditional food per kilo, also offers the All You Can Eat Japanese Food with great variety of sushis, sashimis and hot dishes. In the evenings, in addition to the lunch offered, the house lights its wood-fired oven to serve a delicious All You Can Eat Pizza with more than 50 flavors. The outdoor area opens from 6.30 pm (except Sundays). In this environment you can taste: rustic panino, northeastern plates and seafood, as well as pizzas and Japanese food a la carte. In the autumn-winter season (mid-May) the restaurant offers the already well-known All You Can Eat Fondue, with 5 flavors: beef filet, chicken, traditional sausages, cheese and dark or white chocolate.
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We chose this place as some people wanted toe at brazilian, some pizza and some sushi!!! Didn't think you could find all 3 in one place. this is one of those places where you have to get your plate weighed. I only had the sushi and sashimi. I chose the sashimi 6 pieces (salmon) which was very reasonable at 18 real and was great. The sushi was not as good but I liked it. I believe that the rice beans and meat were good too but I didn't have it.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Three of us ate here and the Sushi Platter was great value and very nice. We ate at the open air section in the square opposite the main restaurant. Spring rolls we has for starters were disappointing and overpriced but the sushi was very good.
Only blemish was when the bill came my 9 real beer was charged at 37 real - when I pointed this out they took the bill away and quickly amended it.

In summary good value and good food in pleasant outdoor setting - just check the bill carefully when it comes

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

During the winter months in Rio they do a great all you can eat fondue for only R$50, which is really cheap! All you can eat meat, cheese and chocolate fondue. In the summer they do all you can eat pizza which also sounds pretty good but I haven't tried it myself.

They also have a really good wine selection and it is outdoors so it's a very nice environment- definitely worth a visit!

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Alexandra H
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Popular( sometimes crowded ) place - reasonably priced - bufe lunch - evenings (after 18) dinner - many dishes - pizza etc - garden outside seating

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 21 August 2016

I think we ended up paying ~$20 USD for all-you-can-eat sushi, which would be unheard of in California (where we are from). And, we knew going into it that anything buffet-style poses a serious risk of foodborne illness (we were willing to take our chances bc our Airbnb host recommended it), and to our pleasant surprise, there were no negative consequences! I especially liked that I was able to indicate to them that I'm allergic to shellfish, and they were friendly/helpful about guiding me the right direction to avoid an allergic reaction.

Great value, and fun spot.

Date of visit: August 2016