“Great little studio, fabulous location”
other travellers have booked this property
Bright, clean fully-equiped Studio Dining or working area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Bright, clean fully-equiped Studio
Dining or working area
Compact but fully loaded kitchen
High quality pillowtop mattress - double bed
High-quality pillowtop mattress- double bed
Mirrored closet
Perfect for 1 or 2 persons
Shower & toilet in one efficient space- with shower curtain
Lovely residential street, only one block to beach!
Close to everything- beach, metro, park, shopping, bars. restaurants
Ipanema Beach- only a 2 min walk from the studio
Our oceanfront street is closed ALL Sundays and holidays for use by runners, bikes, strollers, skaters, etc.
Rio: The most beautiful city in the World
World's Largest Floating Christmas Tree within 15 min. walk of Studio: 45 days over holidays
New Years, Carnival, & holidays Ipanema beach is fun-filled, and filled too!
Come see and hear how locals cheer on beach for each amazing sunset.
Only 2 short blocks to the restaurant where the song, 'Girl from Ipanema' was written
Arpoador Rocks:  Best sunset views in Rio, plus best surfing beach in the city! Walk 10 minutes.
Upscale grocery store right across the street.  Even has cafe with breakfast and best pizza too!
Metro/Subway station just one small block from Studio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Spanish first
Any
montreal...
“The not so "Terrific" studio”
Reviewed 12 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

When I rented this place was advertised as an "apartment" and I've found and "studio" and had no description regarding the location of the apartment within the building which is terrible-located facing the inside of the building and you can hear every move of the neighbors as the neighbors windows face directly your windows with barely two meters in between. We've stayed 5 nights; our first night was full of noises from the neighbors washing and cleaning clothes, oh! let me clarify; this studio is actually the "service" room from an apartment so the neighbor that you will be facing will be the "service" room from the neighbor and they use this room really for service and not for sleeping like this "terrific" studio. Our second night was worst as there was a dog barking inside the building for hours and as this apartment is facing the inside of the building the echo was making the dog-bark a concert which was unbearable; I spoke with the security guy who spoke only Portuguese and he couldn't understand my complaint and also couldn't hear the dog as he is facing the exterior of the building; already frustrated at 1:00 am I wrote an email to the owner as she was not in the city explaining the situation: adding to the noises my complaints were:
-To have a better description of this place as was advertised as "apartment" and it is a mini-studio with the shower together with the toilet; So while you sit at the toilet you can take a shower.
-In the description had no mention that the place was facing the service room of the neighbors otherwise I wouldn't have rented this place.
-As the blocked windows (you can't see through this windows) face the neighbor every time they turn-on the light this light goes to your face while you are sleeping as this "studio" has no curtains.
Next day I left early to explore the city, when I came-back in the evening the surprised was to find the reply of the owner, which was "I am so disappointed to hear that the Ipanema studio is not meeting your needs. I am authorizing a refund for any unused nights if you like to move out"; Move-out? What type of "host" offers to its guests as a first hand solution to "move-out"; shockingly I wrote back that since I am a tourist without knowledge of this city and I am not a backpacker going door to door to look where to sleep I will not spend the little days left to look for other accommodation; there was no apology for disguising the description of the "studio" at the time of the rental and the reply regarding the noises was that was "out of her hands"; that she will speak to the security guy but that was all. Very disappointed of the reaction of the owner, very disappointed of this studio; The location of this place within Ipanema is Great but I would not recommend to anybody; now you can see that the description was changed - thanks to my suggestions - but if you are going to Rio de Janeiro only to party and not to sleep then this is a mini-service-room-studio for you!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location of the place within Ipanema
Liked least: The place itself and its location within the inside of the building
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
12 May 2013
After 19 wonderful reviews, this review was indeed a huge disappointment & a bit unfair. We work very hard to please & listen to all of our guests, advertise our Studio accurately, and offer excellent value for the price. This reviewer's wife arranged for the rental, and it appears he was not aware of nor read the Studio description on Flipkey/TripAdvisor. If he had read the listing, he would not have unfairly complained about features that were clearly stated:
+ The rental has always been advertised as a STUDIO in the title and text on Flipkey/TripAdvisor.
+ 8 pictures clearly represent the studio’s size.
+ We clearly state the studio contains a ‘wet-bath’ and describe it.

The studio windows indeed face the back of the building and are much preferred in Rio as street-facing bedrooms suffer from traffic/street noise. And several other apartment buildings and most bedrooms share this core space at the back of our building. It is very unfortunate that neighbor noise and a barking dog ruined his first 1-2 nights. This has never been a problem indicated by guests in the past. The doorman or rental managers can easily address neighbor-noise, if alerted. The barking dog was a problem for all neighbors in all buildings that face the core, and was quickly resolved after one day. And in an effort to continue to enhance the space, we recently installed a blackout curtain above the bed- although many guests thought it was unnecessary. Thanks to all our past guests who actually ‘read’ our Flipkey/TripAdvisor listing carefully, and gave us such positive reviews! We’ve appreciated and worked hard to deserve them, and will continue to do so in the future. We look forward to welcoming many more guests with the same warm hospitality, excellent quality, service, and value our guests have come to expect.
Leeds
Reviewed 25 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
TX
Reviewed 12 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

Melbourne
Reviewed 2 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Leeds UK
Reviewed 2 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing