“Second time here but a little disappointed”
Review of Aeroporto Othon

Aeroporto Othon
Ranked #243 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Hi guys from Aeroporto Othon, I am staying here today 02nd August until 03rd August, it's a short trip but since my last stay with you last year, I was so excited to be here once more and feel all the vintage way of life of your Hotel. I thought I woukd have the same experience but I am a little bit disappointed. The room #509 has a viee to the ocean but it is far from the benefits I had last time in a room with views to the back side. The window and thr sun protection are broken, I can't close it at all, so the sun will certainly get me awake too early with out the comfort of a resting morning. The air conditioned is not working too. Also the door to the balcony has small entrances on it's sides so...more light and no comfort. The TV channels are not properly configured, but I took the liberty to setup it all by myself.

A few problems and disappointment, no rest or vintage glamour this time, and Inlost the opportunity to get the same benefits and good impressions from my stay here in 2016. I will leave tomorrow with sad feelings.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
gerenciaaeroporto, Gerente geral at Aeroporto Othon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for your comment and we apologize for the problems that you found.
I´m sure that on your next stay you will have another impression and please inform me in advance.
Best rgds,
Vera Reis
Operations Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Cons: I was a really bit surprised by the fact its elevator is one of those very antique manual ones (felt like on titanic! Lol). The room had also a very old TV and loud air conditioning.

Pro: you are a few minutes away from the airport and a lot of consulates (Germany, USA, etc). As I came for one night to file my visa, the hotel was the best option available. It has a very fair price and an amazing staff.

If you don't expect Luxus, go for it.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
gerenciaaeroporto, General Manager at Aeroporto Othon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Dear Patricia,
Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay at Aeroporto Othon. Your comments about our location and frienfly staff are most appreciated.
We take this opportunity to inform that next month we will begin a lot of modernizations in our Hotel, the major one being the elevators.
Please do not hesitate to contact us next time you visit Rio.
Best regards, Vera Reis - Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2016

For those looking for an extraordinary visit and back in time while you take a ride at an elevator from the glorious era of the 60's with glamour and a lot of furniture of that time, and also a modern bathroom and other good things this is the place to stay. The view to the ocean is even better, get this room.

Room Tip: Os quartos com vista para o mar são fantásticos e baratos.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
gerenciaaeroporto, Gerente geral at Aeroporto Othon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear Daniel.
Thank you for the beautiful words and if you come back to Rio, stay at our hotel once more! Best rgds, Vera Reis

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

We've stayed there 10 days, Nice hotel, you've got everything you need, close to the center, there is always some friendly people to help you for anything, a car park in front of the hotel, a good restaurant, breakfast is alright and a train station just in front.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Vicente C, Gerente at Aeroporto Othon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Maxime,

Thank you for your comment about our Aeroporto Othon Travel, good that we can meet their expectations. We hope that in the near future, we can review it again here with us.

Vicente Carvalho
Operations manager

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

I just have stayed at a different hotel than everyone else writing reviews.

I took the Real bus from GIG to SDU last night for me flight this morning. It took almost two hours by the way because of the traffic. Anyway- I walked across the pedestrian bridge and it was about 6:45 and there were still a lot of people and cars out. I didn't feel unsafe at all. I read the reviews before coming here and was nervous as to what I would find and was surprised how nice the lobby looks. Also, there are five banks within a two minute walk around here. There is also a fast food joint right behind the building.

Here are my good and bad-

Good- big rooms, the price, hot shower, my room had a new tv, the location, really good big breakfast. Friendly staff

Bad- the elevator- it's not as bad as I read but you still can't use it yourself so I felt like a nuisance needing the guy to come get me so I just took the stairs the rest of the time. Six flights ain't so bad. The door that connects between your room and the other room has an opening at the bottom and the people next to me were smoking and the smell woke me up so I had to put a towel down. Wifi only in the lobby- but at least it has a strong signal.

I would definitely stay here again, even if I don't have a flight out the next morning. Can't beat the price, and it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It was fine.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Dear Sir Michael,

We would like to thank you for your comments about the services provided by our Aeroporto Othon.

We are pleased you enjoyed our standard of service and comfort, which surely will seek to maintain in an increasingly higher level.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel in the near future to show you that our primary concern is the satisfaction of our guests.

Vicente Carvalho