Rios Presidente Hotel
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$104
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Santa Tere Hostel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$25
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Excelsior Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$85
  • Pool
Bamboo Rio Hostel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$35
  • Pool
Novotel Rio de Janeiro Parque Olimpico(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Pool
El Misti Rooms(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$15
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Discovery Hostel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$327
US$316
US$210
US$192
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We stayed for a night prior to our taking a cruise. It is fairly close to cruise to the terminal (not a walking distance). One can take a metro or bus from here.
This is an older hotel but still well maintained. The elevators are old and restaurant areas show age.
The air conditioning was good and so was the breakfast buffet. The TV was good and it is close to a plaza and a pedestrian drag with good restaurants. We were cautioned but nothing untowards happened to us. We walked around with restaurant patios extending on to streets. It was quiet on Sunday morning we walked to some churches and older buildings and construction/renovations going on.
In Rio, people over 65 can use the local transportation for free. The modern train to the port area was great with a lot of security.

Room Tip: We were on a higher floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Rios G, Public Relations Manager at Rios Presidente Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear, Avtar

The Rio´s Presidente team thanks your comments.

As mentioned, our hotel is from the 50's, we are going through a period of modernization of the entire hotel. And will include new restaurant, reception and metting rooms.
Regarding the elevators, we report that we currently have 3 new elevators with less than 2 years of use and we will install another elevator that will accommodate up to 11 people.

We hope that you can stay with us again in the future, so that you can personally check all the news that we are designing.

Besta regards,
Rio´s Presidente Team

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I stayed here for nearly two weeks, late June / Early July 2016 in room 1303. The refurbishment of the hotel seems to be nearly complete, it looked as if floor 5 and below were still unchanged.

My room was absolutely fine. The bed was firm (how I like it) and the small wardrobe had a safe in it. The bathroom and sanitary-ware were all up to standard. Sometimes it took a little while for hot water to reach me in the evenings and I did have a couple of cold showers. This was not much of an issue to me (‘cos I’m tough like that, innit). The air conditioning unit was effective. The wi-fi in the room was good enough for email and browsing, I don't know if there was any cost to this as it would have been taken care of for me.

I can recall only three slight issues that I had with the room:
The opaque glass door of the bathroom let the morning light flood in, this room being one of the few with a bathroom window. I found that I could hang the runner that was across the bottom of the bed on to the door and block most of the light and this helped enormously. The room featured a minibar fridge, I had to unplug it though to cut down the noise. Unfortunately noise does travel in this hotel. All of those lovely hard surfaces in the corridors really do throw any sound all the way to the end. Some of my colleagues did have to change room to get further away from the ever-chiming lifts. You can still hear the lifts at the far end of the corridor though.

The breakfast was good with enough variety and variation.

The roof terrace shows promise. The bar looked to be very recently built and was not yet functional. There is a small pool and sun terrace which are very pleasant. There is also a gym and a sauna, I did not use either of these.

All of the staff who I dealt with were helpful and polite.

Previous posters had said that the hotel is in a dodgy area. This is not the case. Centro is an urban area in a city not without problems, you should always keep your wits about you. There were a few times when I was out by myself after dark - it’s really not that scary. The local square had a couple of fiestas while I was there and some might find the night-life of the area appealing.

I cannot comment upon the cost of the room as that was taken care of by the company I was working for.

Given a quiet room I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: The front rooms face a moderately busy road, the rear ones a quiet-ish back area. You'll still hear the clubs come the weekend though.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Rios n, Public Relations Manager at Rios Presidente Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

The Rio's President team appreciates your attention and comment!

We are a hotel from the 50's and we are undergoing renovations to better serve our clients.
As you said, our terrace is completely new, as well as the gym, sauna and bar. And the Centro of Rio, where we are located, is part of the cultural center of our city. Rio de Janeiro was capital of the Brazilian Empire and after of Brazil Goverment and in 1960 that´s became Brasilia.

The theater that is located at the left of our hotel was built by Emperor Pedro the Second.

The Rio's Presidente Hotel, awaits you in a new visit to the city of Rio de Janeiro!

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Very Old Hotel! Actually looks like a brazilian motel! The bedroom is very old! Bathroom is ok. They're reformulating it so there's material construction everywhere!
Wifi is ok and reachs the room. Breakfast is really poor! 10 minutes walk from the next subway station!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Rios G, marketing at Rios Presidente Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Thank you for your point of view!

We would like to inform you that our hotel it´s from the 50´s and we are undergoing modernization to better serve our guests. Everything will change and because of that, we will change our category. We will be a 4 star hotel.

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

I won't fly with Azul any more and won't go to this hotel.
Ended in a hotel at the airport on my expense.

Location is not that good at the centro and the hotel in bad shape.

Good only for backpackers maybe!!!

Azul can't do this to the passengers after they cancelled a flight....

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Had to stay there as all other hotels in the area were full. Rooms were in a bad condition and not clean, food was terrible , WiFi was payable and very slow. Location is good, close to metro station and shopping. Overall not an enjoyable experience.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your point of view!

We would like to inform that the hotel is undergoing modernization to better serve our guests. Everything will change, not only the structure! we are conducting course for our staf the improvement of our service.