Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$99
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$111
US$29
Aeroporto Othon(Rio de Janeiro)
US$38
US$33
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Santa Tere Hostel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$25
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Rio de Janeiro Parque Olimpico(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$38
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$413
Hotels.com
US$201
US$176
Hilton.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe room service staffarrival late at nightour room was spaciousminutes walk awaycold meatsrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfast isbeach frontsugarloaf mountaingood sizevisiting riofew blockscarnivalstatueneighborhood
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Main problem was I needed an adaptor for Australian appliances. Had not had accurate information from my travel agent before leaving home who pulled the same information you can find on google images.
I was leaving for the Pantanal before the shops were open and showed the item I needed from my room to the concierge. He showed me the one he had. I offered to buy it but no he couldn't spare it. Can you imagine not being able to charge your camera in an area as remote as the Pantanal after travelling half the world at great expense? I wonder how much I would have paid... $50 came to mind. I found another way out that involved a gratuity but don't want to get the service staff in trouble by naming the person as I can only imagine the morale there.
Then checking out I needed a taxi and another man behind the desk said it would be $80 to the airport. I told him it was $40 the night before and after getting nowhere the lovely porter ushered me outside and negotiated with a taxi driver - $30. To add insult to injury the concirge asked whether I'd left the adaptor in my room! I said yes, the MAN couldn't help me. I had been seriously tempted to steal it before talking to someone helpful.
I feel sorry for the hard working people there who DO try to make their customers' experiences a good one.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Alison T
Reviewed 20 August 2016

we have stayed at this hotel many times, its a firm favorite (Love it), we were here during the start of the Olympics for one week August 2016
The hotel is in an ideal position one block from the lovely copacabana beach close to all amenities, this time we were given a 12th floor suite / room which was great and had beautiful views.
Breakfast is excellent with lots of choice on the buffet...
Staff at this hotel are super... very friendly... helpful and will go out of their way to help.... we will be back..... highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: rooms with balconies are lovely
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank katafanatic
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Love to stay here, Excellent hotel. Personel very kind. Claen rooms, Good Breakfast. Good WIFi, Near evertything, restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacy, beauty, shops.
Taxi service inmediatly, security. Good beds.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank boquerontravelagency
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I was there in October 2010. It was the first hotel i stayed in Rio de Janeiro. I would recommend this hotel because it is ideally located near the beach and it is also quite comfortable and pleasant and at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: a quiet room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Nice older hotel, been updated a bit. Paid $100 in June 2016. One block to Ave. Atlantica, the main drag down Cocacabana Beach. Attentive staff, standard but very expansive breakfast. Flat screen TVs, mini frig, large bathroom and room had a small terrace. Stayed 4 nights, at each end of a business total.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel