“Holiday in Rio”

Acapulco Copacabana
Ranked #26 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Very clean no frills hotel giving good value for money in an expensive area. Only one block away from beach in a safe area to walk even at night. Bed linen fine, bath towels on thin side. Breakfast buffet very good. Concierge and reception staff very helpful. Would recommend. Our stay was 6 days.

Room Tip: If you want a tea in your room at night, have your own tea bag and go down to reception to get a pot...
Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Main problem was I needed an adaptor for Australian appliances. Had not had accurate information from my travel agent before leaving home who pulled the same information you can find on google images.
I was leaving for the Pantanal before the shops were open and showed the item I needed from my room to the concierge. He showed me the one he had. I offered to buy it but no he couldn't spare it. Can you imagine not being able to charge your camera in an area as remote as the Pantanal after travelling half the world at great expense? I wonder how much I would have paid... $50 came to mind. I found another way out that involved a gratuity but don't want to get the service staff in trouble by naming the person as I can only imagine the morale there.
Then checking out I needed a taxi and another man behind the desk said it would be $80 to the airport. I told him it was $40 the night before and after getting nowhere the lovely porter ushered me outside and negotiated with a taxi driver - $30. To add insult to injury the concirge asked whether I'd left the adaptor in my room! I said yes, the MAN couldn't help me. I had been seriously tempted to steal it before talking to someone helpful.
I feel sorry for the hard working people there who DO try to make their customers' experiences a good one.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank work4travel2013
Reviewed 20 August 2016

we have stayed at this hotel many times, its a firm favorite (Love it), we were here during the start of the Olympics for one week August 2016
The hotel is in an ideal position one block from the lovely copacabana beach close to all amenities, this time we were given a 12th floor suite / room which was great and had beautiful views.
Breakfast is excellent with lots of choice on the buffet...
Staff at this hotel are super... very friendly... helpful and will go out of their way to help.... we will be back..... highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: rooms with balconies are lovely
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank katafanatic
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Love to stay here, Excellent hotel. Personel very kind. Claen rooms, Good Breakfast. Good WIFi, Near evertything, restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacy, beauty, shops.
Taxi service inmediatly, security. Good beds.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank boquerontravelagency
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I was there in October 2010. It was the first hotel i stayed in Rio de Janeiro. I would recommend this hotel because it is ideally located near the beach and it is also quite comfortable and pleasant and at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: a quiet room