Ibis Copacabana Posto 2(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$38
Windsor Excelsior Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$84
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$89
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Linx Galeao by GJP(Rio de Janeiro)
US$94
US$49
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$88
US$21
US$19
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Rio de Janeiro Parque Olimpico(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
All reviewsthe room service staffarrival late at nightour room was spaciousminutes walk awaycold meatsbuffet breakfast issugarloaf mountaingood sizevisiting riofew blockscarnivalstatueneighborhood
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Recently spent just over three weeks here. I used to use the hotel a few years ago and was pleased to see that it was still good and most of the staff were the same. The guys on the front desk are always smiling and very helpful as are the concierge, I don’t think I ever managed to open an elevator door myself as they are so attentive.

The rooms are a good size and the housekeeping do a good job keeping them clean, the only issue I had was they like to clean the rooms quite early and for me this meant round 10:00am, ok during the work when working but a little too early at the weekends. The air conditioning is amazing and a polar bear would feel at home in this hotel. The TV was a good size but the English speaking channels were very limited.

The Breakfast is good but repetitive, nearly the same thing every day and after 3 weeks I actually went out for breakfast towards the end but as I said it is still good with a couple of sausage dishes, bread, cold meats, fruit and cakes.

The location is good for the beach, one block back and there is a metro station about 10 minutes’ walk away where you get to anywhere from.

Pricing is reasonable for the area.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lars H
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I was very impressed with the service in this hotel, everyone was very attentive and pleasant. Hotel is well located, very closed to the beach and near by restaurants and bars. Had a great time there.
Highly recommended

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel was not on the beach front but only one street up. Close to restaurants and easy to taxi to sites. Friendly staff. We had rented a car and travelled from Sao Paulo to Rio, there is parking available.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Very clean no frills hotel giving good value for money in an expensive area. Only one block away from beach in a safe area to walk even at night. Bed linen fine, bath towels on thin side. Breakfast buffet very good. Concierge and reception staff very helpful. Would recommend. Our stay was 6 days.

Room Tip: If you want a tea in your room at night, have your own tea bag and go down to reception to get a pot of hot water and cups. Very obliging. No tissues or face cloth provided.
Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Main problem was I needed an adaptor for Australian appliances. Had not had accurate information from my travel agent before leaving home who pulled the same information you can find on google images.
I was leaving for the Pantanal before the shops were open and showed the item I needed from my room to the concierge. He showed me the one he had. I offered to buy it but no he couldn't spare it. Can you imagine not being able to charge your camera in an area as remote as the Pantanal after travelling half the world at great expense? I wonder how much I would have paid... $50 came to mind. I found another way out that involved a gratuity but don't want to get the service staff in trouble by naming the person as I can only imagine the morale there.
Then checking out I needed a taxi and another man behind the desk said it would be $80 to the airport. I told him it was $40 the night before and after getting nowhere the lovely porter ushered me outside and negotiated with a taxi driver - $30. To add insult to injury the concirge asked whether I'd left the adaptor in my room! I said yes, the MAN couldn't help me. I had been seriously tempted to steal it before talking to someone helpful.
I feel sorry for the hard working people there who DO try to make their customers' experiences a good one.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo