“Best Place in the World To Hang Glide”
Review of Just Fly

Just Fly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Just Fly Rio Hang Gliding School Tandem Flight with Paulo Celani and his team from Pedra Bonita Ramp and landing at São Conrado Beach.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

One of our top 3 experiences in Rio. Rio is the best place in the world to hang glide and Just Fly is a great company. Lizelle and I flew with Paulo and Marcos and they were very knowledgeable (30+ and 20+ yrs experience) and it was easy and simple. Running full speed from a platform 500+ meters up is very exciting and that scene will forever be imprinted in my brain.

I did make weight (90kg of pure muscle and vibranium) but I heard Paulo reject someone that weighed too much and may not have been fit enough to fly. It was good to hear that safety is the number one priority for the company.

Paulo was very responsive and detailed. We knew exactly where to go and what the expectations were for paying and prices. He even sent instructions to show the Uber drivers.

The only drawback was that the time was shorter than I wanted. But it's because of weather conditions and the speed of the wind. We looked at our GoPro videos and we did pass by a lot of places. We even got a view of Christ the Redeemer.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"eye view"
"safe hands"

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The whole process from the earliest communication went very well and was a great experience. Paulo and his son Felipe oversaw everything and the flight was a highlight of our trip for me. Everything was as planned. I enjoyed a good 14- 15 minute flight due to the wind conditions. I cannot thank enough to these guys for looking after an old boy like myself! Keep up the good work and I would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Thanks to Paulo for making our experience second to none. It was easy to book, contact him along the way and made us feel very safe before and during the flight. The conditions can change anytime so it’s best to try to get a clear day with stronger wind but Mother Nature controls everything. I would definitely go back and do it again with Paulo.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Great experience! It was very easy to set up our experience as we were able to schedule through WhatsApp one day ahead of time. The morning was very windy so we had to postpone our flight till the afternoon but everyone was extremely responsive and helpful as we found a new time. The flight itself was fantastic and we both really enjoyed our guides/pilots.

The views were absolutely stunning. You can see up the coast to downtown Rio and landing on the beach is simply beautiful. Highly recommend to anyone traveling to Rio.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Hang gliding was one of the best decisions I made in Rio. You will be able to see the beautiful view of the beach, coastline, surfers, etc in a bird's eye view as you are hanging in a horizontal position. It is exhilarating but not scary at all. The whole journey was relaxing and there was adrenaline rush during the take off and landing. There is no scary feeling unlike roller coaster and does not lead to motion sickness unlike paragliding.

You are definitely in good hands of the pilot, Paul Celani. I really appreciated that he checks the weather in the morning to ensure that the weather is safe and good for a stable and nice flight. Priority in safety is greatly emphasised. We did not fly on the first day as the wind was not blowing in the right weather. Thankfully, the weather was good for the next day to do hang gliding. Paul was also very communicative over whatsapp and provided detailed information as to how to meet. He even ask for my uber driver's license number, send photos of the meeting point and location in Portuguese such that the uber or taxi driver are clear of how to get to the right place. (Not many locals are able to speak English) He gives clear instructions and briefing prior to the flight. Everything is well prepared and you will feel very safe with this pilot and company. As I do not have data or a local SIM card, Paul and his Son helped me connect with a local taxi driver for my return. From booking to execution, everything ran smooth sailing and was an easy and quick process! (about 1.5 hours from point of meeting) Highly recommended!!