“Nice sushi place and lovely little store”
Review of Ume Sushi

Ume Sushi
Ranked #472 of 13,997 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This is a sushi restaurant adjacent to a mini-market with Japanese items. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Since you enter through the store, the restaurant is sort of "hidden", which I liked. The caipirinhas had decent prices and were very good. I'd definitely go back!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, so it did take me a few minutes to get over my reluctance to have cream cheese in my sushi (which is apparently standard in Brazil, and it certainly is in almost every roll in this place). But otherwise - sushi here was just fantastic. Extremely tasty, unique combinations, and with friendly service. Who needs more ?

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Ume Sushi was a diamond find for us as we were really struggling to find really good fresh and tasty food near to our hotel (Sofitel Rio). It is so good we ate here 3 out of our 12 nights and could quite easily have eaten here more often. The restaurant is quite small and although basic inside, the excellent food and great service set it aside as one of the best (for us) in Rio. Menu's are available in English which was a great help and the staff are really helpful with a good level of understanding. There is a wide choice of dishes to cater for all tastes and at very reasonable prices. In addition, there is a shop attached to the restaurant where we able to buy delicious miso soup for our lunchtime refreshment. Most definitely recommend.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

The food is fresh and it is always made at the time you ask .
We ordered "all we can eat" and we can order as much as we can eat, but we can't "waste" any food (that's is a good point thing ).

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Ran across this place while walking back to my hotel. About a block off the beach. Fist night I had sushi that was spectacular. They also know how to pur saki with the overflow for good luck. I went back the second night it was drizzly and cold and had a spectacular sukiyaki. they tried to warn me it was large and for 2 people I told them that was OK. It came and it was delicious.