“Good Size Meals with Big Screen”

Bar e Restaurante Eclipse
Ranked #497 of 14,228 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Brazilian, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Went there recently and in spite of having some seats in need of refurbishment, this restaurant still pleases its customers with good size and well made dishes. PLus there´s a huge screen, always tuned in the main games of the day. I will return!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner recently. We weren’t expecting much as we just wanted a simple and quick dinner, which we got however was surprised when the bill came that 1. A portion of fries (side) cost 26 Reals - it was a large portion but that cost nearly as much as my partners Burger and Chips (28 Reals!!) and 2. They tried to add on the bill 3 Reals per head for the pianist playing the piano in the corner of the restaurant who had started half way through our meal (not even the point!) on top of a 10% service charge!!! So cheeky, beware of the Tourist Tax! In fairness when I asked what the mystery 6 Reals was on the bill and he told me, he could tell I wasn’t impressed and immediately took it off my bill.

Food was mediocre, simple and fairly quick but if you do go here be sure to go through your bill with a fine tooth comb!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Only came for the dessert menu and wasn't disappointed. Especially the brown pudding and ice-cream.

Good friendly service too.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We were very dissappointed with the pizzas . Found it very expensive for what you got.2 10 inch pizzas .1 salad and 4 drinks 320 rias .also too much cheese in crust.wouldnt recommend if you want an authentic italian pizza.
Service ok

Reviewed 2 January 2017

The waiter was quite helpful and the restaurant did have a buzz about it - however being New Year's night maybe that is only to be expected given its proximity to Copacabana Beach. The food was very ordinary at best. I ordered a charcoal grilled steak which I expected to be simply grilled but it arrived drenched in an unidentifiable sauce and wrapped in bacon - not at all what I expected or would have ordered. The accompaniments were stodgy rice and reheated sauté potatoes - no sign of any greenery whatsoever. All in all a disappointing meal and I would be reluctant to return. Furthermore it is not inexpensive.