“Good buffet”

Amir
Ranked #104 of 14,309 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Description: We are the BEST ARABIC restaurant in Rio de Janeiro! Come visit us! We DON´T have HALAL FOOD!
Reviewed 10 December 2014

We were craving for a spicy meal... Indian genes! Amir has a good buffet with delicate meats. Close to the beach. Liked the tasty veggie and non veg delights

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

We visited in December on a busy Friday evening without a reservation and were pleased to have a lovely time.

Service was great: fast, efficient and polite, without being overbearing. At no time were our glasses allowed to deplete, and this attentiveness was much appreciated.

The food was likewise good. We opted for a sharing selection for two. The houmous element was quite lovely with a perfect balance of its constituent elements. The extra virgin oil that was provided was sublime; joyful with the houmous and accompanying fresh breads. The falafels and kibe were delicious, and the little pastries that also formed part of the assortment were delicate and tempting.

Prices were really reasonable too. Definitely worth a visit, for, unexpectedly, Copacabana is somewhat destitute of decent places to eat - here is an exception. Thanks for a lovely evening!

2  Thank Rzeczpospolitan
Reviewed 22 November 2014

You cannot beat the food here. What a little gem! The service wasn't amazing, but I didn't go for the service, I went for the food. Hookah is available but I think you have to get there an hour or more before closing. We sat outside on the sidewalk and it was great. They take reservations, we didn't have one but still got a spot.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

Big portions and very good flavors. Atmosphere is good. I tried the all you can eat before. Guess I had a better time now ordering "a la carte" (from the menu).
The eggplant dish is big enough to be shared... and very well prepared. I shared a Moroccan rice with lamb, very tasty too (probably enough for 3).

Reviewed 16 November 2014

On weekends Amir offers a self service on the second floor. I have been to this restaurant quite a few times, and never had this option. And I do not recommend. At R$70,00 (price per person) some shared plates are much better. Parts of the dishes were not as good as I expected, specially the finger food, such as mini esfihas, were not really warm, the pastry chewy. As it is one of my preferred restaurants on the area of Copacabana, I will go for the usual shared dishes, much better prepared, and in the end, better priced as well.