Flying Saddle Resort
US$75
US$79
US$69
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Jackson Hole(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$125
Hampton.com
Pony Express Motel(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
Travelocity
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$130
TripAdvisor
All reviewssnake riverjackson holeflying saddleliquor storemarble bathroomgrand tetonstennis courtsmain buildingstayed here for two nightsthe king size bednice indoor poolhot tubroom was largenice place to staywould stay againlong drivecoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This motel/cabin resort is just south of Jackson and the Tetons. It might be preferred if you'd rather be out of all the goings on in Jackson. There was a family reunion/anniversary event going on when we were there. The family having the event cooked out their own food and seemed to enjoy the facility. The number in this group did seem to cramp the enjoyment for the rest of the guests. We really could not sit there as the entire area was taken and it was a beautiful setting with waterfalls in a lovely patio dining area. We were there only one night, but we did go to the back of the resort and enjoyed the extensive grounds along the Snake River. Very peaceful. Also a special area set aside for dog relief was nice as we had our dog with us. We could see the new cabin block (it is really a row of connected cabins with private balconies or porches overlooking the river). We were in a dog room so I can't really say much for that accomodation. The rug under the air conditioning unit was water damaged and a bit pulled up. There was a jacuzzi set up in the bath that we did not use. Beds were comfortable.
The entire facility was very nice. The resort had a nice dining room where we had breakfast. There was a buffet that did not look particularly lavish for the price you would pay. Also it did not include juice and coffee which I thought odd, especially since you were paying. There is a gift shop and reasonably priced liquor store on the premises. You can take liquor bought in the store into the dining area for consumption. Overall a good choice on the way to the Tetons and possibly just a nice place to stay for exploring the park.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank rastawoman123
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is an older motel that we found too far from Jackson Hole. We found the hotel on the internet however when we attempted to book reservations you could not use the internet and was advised to call the motel. We opted to check with the various hotel sites on the internet and found the listing at Hotel.Com. We had to prepay our two night stay way in advance. When we arrived it took more than a couple of minutes to check in and the clerk remarked "Oh you made the reservation through Hotel.Com' I advised his we did and that i prepaid the two might stay. He advised I would still need a credit acrd to check in as there might be incidentals. The hotel ( and I am sorry that I don't call it a resort) has two buildings plus an inter court with cabins. There is an indoor swimming pool , fitness center, tennis court and a horseshoe pit. It is located on the Snake River. There is a liquor store with a drive through window, a gift shop and restaurant. Having written all of this, let's get to the room/ the room is old and has apparently been renovated more than once. You can't change the fact this is an old motel. The ads wrote about sitting on your patio along the river. Please don;t count on that as the patio looks directly out to the parking lot and you can't see the river for the parked cars. In fact I don't know who has seen the rafters coming down the river at the hotel site as we saw dozens of rafters getting out of the river long before getting to the hotel. Tv channels are limited so don't count a lot on TV viewing at night. The small town up the road did not have a lot to offer other than a couple of small hamburger stand and a service station. There was also a bank. We checked in on Sunday and everything was closed. After checking the restaurant and seeing the prices we decided not to eat in the restaurant. There was a menu in the room and I trust the price area not all correct. All you can eat salad bar is $10.95 and prime ribs $19.95 to $30.95. An elk chop was $28.95. With no one we saw eating in the restaurant we did not want to chance the food at those prices. Perhaps we were wrong.When I did not get a check out receipt under my door on the day of departure I went to the front desk and was told I would not get a receipt since I made the reservation through Hotels.Com and I would have to get a receipt from them. Some reviewers had a much better experience at this motel and I can fully understand that. If all of your activities are in jackson Hole or Yellowstone you might want to consider a closer location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank texaswillie
FSResort11, Front Office Manager at Flying Saddle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

I do apologize for your experience here with our Resort, We do have river view rooms here at the resort, but when you booked your room you did not book that room, you booked a standard room. It is not the Resorts policy for you to pay in advance, that is the policy of the third party booking engine you chose to use they also require that we do not give you a receipt because you paid them directly and not the Resort. We do require a credit card from all guest that stay at our hotel, as well as most Hotels or Resorts. I do apologize and wish that we had the chance to address your concerns at the time of your stay, so that we may have eased your concerns, and explained the situation when you book through a third party booking engine.
We do have a wonderful Resort here and a beautiful location and I hope that one day you may come stay with us again and truly get to enjoy what all the Resort has to offer.

April Daley

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed here two nights with extended family. Many options, includes older motel, new cabins, and a newer building. Restaurant, tennis courts, indoor pool in a stand alone building.

I stayed in the newer addition which sits back from the highway, while my brother stayed in the older, original section. Both rooms were clean - he had a little highway noise in the original section.

Very friendly, helpful staff.

We arrived at closing time for the restaurant and theu kept it open for us, Good food, reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are in the newer section nearer the river
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We spent 2 nights in a pet-friendly room and were pleasantly surprised by the Flying Saddle! When we made the reservation, we were told the only pet-friendly rooms were in the "old motel" section of the resort. I was a bit hesitant, but booked anyway and am glad we did. We had a very nice, large king room overlooking the river. It's true that the furnishings were a little older, and the TV was pretty small, but the room was much nicer than expected and great for the price (especially compared to what you pay in nearby Jackson!) We really enjoyed being able to pick up beer and wine from the on-site liquor store and have a relaxing drink by the pool and hot tub. The staff was very kind, and the grounds are lovely. We also enjoyed dinner at the steak house both nights and were very happy with that.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mathemagic
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed here Aug. 28. Overall the motel was nice. It was too far from Jackson, but for the price as compared to rooms in Jackson, it couldn't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family