See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2017

The hotel is comfortable and has good infrasctructure. The gym is well equiped and the pool is small, but the view is wonderful. Breakfast is great and service, too. I arrived very late due to delays in my flight and got checked in in no time. Request a room with a view to Guaiba Lake.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Leonel M, Gerente de recepção at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Hello,
Thanks for your review.
We would like you to know that your comments were sent to the Manager of the hotel.
We would be very happy to have the chance to receive you again.

Leonel Mello

Reviewed 12 January 2017

We decided to stay in this hotel because it was a ****Hotel and some reviews stated that it was a good hotel but it was not a good at all. The hotel is located in a shady area, not many people walking during the day and during the night is very deserted. It is important to say that Porto Alegre is the 3rd. city in Brazil in criminality and we did not know about it until our arrival in the city. The city has lots of homeless people, the city looks unkept and old. Porto Alegre has beautiful parks but they are not looked after. Porto Alegre has nothing to offer for a tourist. The Intercity hotel has 2 elevators for the guests but while we were there only 1 was functioning. This created a problem because we have to wait for the elevator to be free to take us upstairs. We reserved a deluxe double room but it was not deluxe at all. The bathroom shower had mould and we threw toilet paper in the toilet and the toilet was blocked twice. We were not aware that we not supposed to threw the toilet paper in the toilet, that`s why there was a little basket for us to put the used toilet paper there. The room was poor decorated and we noticed that the bed sheet had a hole. Ah, the wifi did not work properly and it was a pain in the neck.

Room Tip: Rooms to south side have view to Guaiba Lake/River,
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caducastro
Leonel M, Gerente de recepção at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Hello,
Thanks for your review.
We would be very happy to have the chance to receive you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Once you finally find the hotel, you feel kind of secure. The problem is that there is no signs and I didn't feel comfortable in the area. Very dark, no signs and the doorman was not very welcoming. I had to show ID before I could even ask for help with my luggage. I was traveling for two months an obviously had a lot of suitcases.
The room was OK since I was just staying for one night. But costumer service was really bad.
I'll not stay in this place again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
SimoneTissot, Gerente de recepção at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Hello.
We would like to thank you for your comment. We apologize for the inconveniences, the Hotel Manager will soon hear about your suggestions regarding safety, wi-fi and service.
We would like you to give us another chance to reverse the situation so you can have a new opinion on the hotel.
Have a nice day!

Reviewed 27 August 2015

The room has some aroma, perhaps to solve smelly problem due to mold.
The only time I had dinner at the restaurant, I've found a piece of plastic in my pasta. I was the only person at the restaurant, so there was no reason to present such a failure.
The waiter from the breakfast in the morning, an obese gentleman, only treats sympathetically guests on suits, as I don't was on suit, I was not awarded its valuable consideration, but with a bit of irony to my question.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Adriana B, Gerente at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Thank you for your review.
We would like to say sorry for your inconvenients. We sent your comment to our hotel manager and we would be glad if you would give us another chance and verify our improvements.
Best regards.

Reviewed 2 November 2014

Good located, rooms large and ok. Breakfast room pretty small when big groups are in the hotel could be a problem. I find out elevators as the biggest problem, as sometimes working really badle because of using the card to start up. Sauna was not ready for use when I was there.Hotel need some refreshment.

Room Tip: Rooms looking on west, could have a problem with an outside noise coming from car washing service, specially those rooms on lower floors and opened window.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
InterCity_hotels, Gerente at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

Hello Zoran,
Thanks for your review.
We would like you to know that your suggestions were sent to the Manager of the hotel.
You can always count on us to support you.