“For Portuguese food fans!”
Review of Tasca da Esquina

Tasca da Esquina
Reserve with
Tasca da Esquina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #288 of 40,268 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jardins
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Very conveniently located from Avenida paulista, do not miss this spot if you are a tourist or just a business traveller (like me!) this will make you enjoy the famous cod dishes from Brazil . Do not hesitate to go for the appetizers also! They are delicious as well, salad with hearts of palm and shrimps is also a great healthy start.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The food was very tasty and service was prompt. For one person, I only had to wait for a few minutes, but I think it might be best to make a reservation if you’re planning to come over with company.

I had the executive lunch menu, which is a soup or a salad, a beef or seafood entrée, and a dessert. I selected the cold mango soup (delicious), fish with grilled veggies (fresh and tasty), and the manjar de coco com calda de ameixa (coconut dessert with plum sauce - perfect, not too sweet).

A great choice for lunch, mid-range prices.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Had a business lunch in a week day here and the reception was great, with a good variety of quality options and fair prices. I opted for the “executive menu” and the three course dishes, including dessert, surprised by their taste and freshness. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Fernando A
Reviewed 2 November 2017

First time I've been in this restaurant with some business partners last week and I have to admit that it has been a while since I've had good Portuguese style food and dining. I know cause I lived in Portugal for nearly 20 years and this restaurant was as close as it could get to bona fide Portuguese cuisine.

Service is good and overall atmosphere of the restaurant is great. For some it may be a bit dark as is with most restaurants in São Paulo. Not a deal breaker if you ask me.

Prices are medium high but well worth it. If you like wine, I suggest going for the medium ranged priced "Monte Velho". Thumbs up for that one.

1  Thank Francisco P
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Not very big but with in and outside seating

Local food with a good interesting menu choice. Fast and good service at a price