“Wonderful”

Plaza Inn American Loft
Ranked #46 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Initially when I looked on line I saw a lot of bad reviews in regards to this apartment/loft style hotel. Having just been in a really bad hotel I was worried that this would be as bad.

When we came into the lobby we were greeted by several staff members and a table full of really good finger foods and deserts. I got up to my room and walked into a bright, clean, large room. The room had a full size fridge and 2 stove top burners. Being here for 3 weeks it was really nice to be able to prepare my own food but, it was also great that room service is available 24 hours a day. The showers are tiny and the bathrooms were overall small but, they suited all of my needs. The air conditioner and WiFi worked very well for me, I was able to watch my shows on Netflix's and Amazon. My work schedule kept me out until later hours but, twice I had to call for assistance late night and the gentleman working at the front desk was the nicest person ever. Both times he personally came and brought the items I needed and got me a new remote for my AC since mine somehow was damaged. The cleaning ladies were very friendly and did a very good job with the overall cleanliness of the room. Some in my group had stayed here before and told me that since last time they were here that this hotel had been remodeled. I read about noise issues and a couple of times the sports center across the street either started really early or really late but, it wasn't constant as in daily, just a couple of times so to me it wasn't a big deal. I did not hear any construction while I was here. I would definitely stay here again. There is a corner bar/restaurant which was very good and very cheap.

Room Tip: The upper floors have great WIFI and are more quiet as it is on a busy street.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 May 2015

It's not that this is a bad hotel per se, it just seems that they don't care. The security gate in intimidating, and it wasn't easy to get anyone's attention to open it. The lobby is bland and the staff seemed like they'd rather be doing anything, anything, rather than be here. Generally I like motion detectors in the hallways; saves electricity and gets me humming the theme from "Get Smart". Here the Shining comes to mind. The rooms are spacious and dingy. Luckily we didn't need to use the spare blankets in the closet - they were frightening (like you'd catch something if there was any body contact).

Room Tip: you can do better
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Allia H, Gerente at Plaza Inn American Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your opinion about the hotel and our services.
On suggested items and observations in the apartment, make sure that will be evaluated and will endeavor to maintain more and more trained staff to better serve them with all the comfort that guests deserve.

Thanks a lot,
Renata Lima
General Manager - Plaza Inn American Loft Hotel

Reviewed 7 March 2015

We stayed for 2 night. The hotel was super clean, excellent location - near to mall and soccer stadium - staff superb. The hotel has a kitchen in the room. it is more like a condo feeling.
Large rooms and nice breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2014

I've stayed in this hotel two times now, and disliked it both times. It is directly across the street from a shopping mall, which is nice. The mall has a full grocery store, imax, huge food court etc. yes the hotel has a kitchen, but the hotel doesn't give you anything to cook with......so what's the point? The dishwasher wasn't plugged in and I couldn't get to the plug, so that was worthless. The floor was constantly filthy no matter how many times we had them come in to clean. There is no hot water in either sink. The shower is impossibly small, and if you're a woman who wants to shave her legs, then good luck. There is no seal around the air conditioner in the window so even though I was on the eleventh floor I could hear absolutely everything going on outside. I could hear the cars and trucks, the squeak of the tennis shoes on the basketball court across the street, and the football enthusiasts who march the streets chanting and setting off fireworks.
Additionally, as if that wasn't unpleasant enough, there was construction 24 hours a day. The hotel was being worked on from 8am until 9pm almost daily for two weeks. It sounded as though someone just had a sledgehammer and was hitting the frame of the hotel endlessly. You could stand in the bathroom, if you fit, and watch the grout falling off of the tiles because the building was shaking so much. But even when they stopped at 9pm, that's when the construction would start on the street directly outside the hotel. Trucks aren't allowed on the streets until late at night, so that means construction can't start until late at night and goes throughout the evening. That all being said, the staff was nice, that's the only good thing I can say.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Allia H, Gerente at Plaza Inn American Loft, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2014

Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for your sincere avaliação.Receber assessments of our guests is very important for the growth and improvement of our hotel.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience to your stay, we hope you accept our sincere apologies.
We will endeavor to ensure more comfort and convenience for our guests, be sure. Tell us always when you return to São Paulo.

Regards,
Renata Lima - General Manager Plaza Inn American Loft

Reviewed 17 September 2014

I'm staying at this hotel right now, location is convenient because is 15 minutes away from my office, good for SP. Rooms are big, bathroom is awfully small, no hot water in the sink, so shaving is a shower thing. Bfast is standard to poor, the only change is the type of sausage the serve. it is secure, locks on all doors.
Good to have a fridge in the room same as a microwave.
NOISY rooms. I'm in the 1st floor and can hear all the noises from the street, plus the sports facility in front until late and the garbage truck every morning at 5 am.
Service is average to poor. Asked to change rooms, and every time I went down to request the change they had a new suggestion.
Pool is small, fitness room bad.
The rooms are clean and no problems with toiletries.
TV Channels are complicated to navigate, don't have a lot of choices in English. one tip, press the green button on the remote to change language for the English channels!!!!!
I had to stay almost two weeks, the cost was very good compared to the ones in Faria Lima, Saved time on cab ride also. so it was an economic choice. Next time I'll try a different hotel, never again this one.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors - but don't expect it!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business