Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$19
Agoda.comUS$20
FindHotelUS$20
eDreamsUS$19
TripadvisorUS$19
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2014

It is a good option for a few days at São Paulo. Well localized at downtown. Near from cultural centers and restaurants. Please Choose the Room with window far from air conditioned equipment (because that room is so noisy)

Room tip: Choose the Room with window far from air conditioned equipment (because that room is so noisy)
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank olivertyrrel
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The hotel is centrally located in a nice pedestrian street with plenty of shops, restaurants and stalls. Very few foreign tourists in the area (in three days I only saw one Japanese tourist). The area seemed OK safe for me. Plenty of armed police around.

Convenient location if you're coming from the GRU airport. Get off at the Republica plaza and walk to the opposite corner of the plaza and you're almost there.

Room was fine. Fine bed, a table, two chairs, wardrobe, space adequate, poorly lit bathroom. Cold water only .. probably my own fault; couldn't figure out how to switch on the hot water.

Quite strong, continious noise from some engines outside in the backyard. A bit annoying. But closing the window it didn't ruin my sleep.

Breakfast (0700-1000) was quite all right but nothing special.

WiFi worked fine.

No one in the reception speak English.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Gits85
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Spent 2 nights at the Joamar, and that was enough for me. I will say the it was not the hotel’s fault, it’s just that the area it is in is not one I would want to return to. The hotel itself was good. It was a good price, very clean, super friendly staff and decent breakfast. The area though was rough, and even the front desk clerk warned us not to bring our bags with us and to just tuck our money down our shirts. During the day it was ok, but as soon as it starts getting dark, it seems like the whole area changes into somewhere I don’t want to be around. Too bad as the hotel really was good.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Perfectly adequate little hotel about two blocks from the Galeria do Rock. Getting a cab for an early Sunday morning flight turned out to be harder than expected, but no complaints otherwise. I would stay there again if we make it back to SP.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kittyamericana
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at Joamar - great location, nice and cosy room, friendly staff. I could really recommend it to anyone searching a rather cheap but qualitative stay in Sao Paulo! I didn't even have any bad expierience with the surrounding area, so I cannot confirm some of the previous postings.

Date of stay: March 2011