“Forget about diet, cholesterol, global warming”
Review of Fogao Gaucho

Fogao Gaucho
Ranked #238 of 38,876 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2014

Brazilian BBQ as it should be: 100% focus on meat, all different cuts and tastes. You sit down and find already a small indicating which cut belongs to which part of the animal. This while eating delicious pieces of roasted? fried? bacon to die for. Ok, there is a salad buffet in the middle of the seating area, but you tend to stay away from it. You came for the meat and the meat comes to you. The waiters bring the skewers with the cuts straight out of the kitchen to all tables, and you say yes or no. And it is so difficult to say no watching the excellent cuts move away without even trying. Needless to say you are going to eat way too much. Staff is very polite (but most of them don't speak English), food is excellent, overall a reference point on the map, hence the solid recommendation. Vegetarians stay out.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Taxi driver took us for a ride, claiming he could not find the restaurant, and clearly wanted to take us to another steakhouse where he no doubt received a gratuity. we stuck to our guns, called the restaurant and had them instruct him with directions. It was worth the aggravation in getting there. I have experienced numerous churrascarias and this one was definitely at the top of my list. Service was terrific and when asked the waiter delivered some wonderful plantains that I am sure were not on the menu. Meat quality in all instances was top notch, cooked properly and brought to the table in a timely manner. good find for sure.

1  Thank Don R
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I didn't receive any bribe to write this: absolutelly the best in service, food quality and atmosphere. The meat options are great, the salad & sushi buffet have the options you'll actually eat (very different from many bbq places where you find 3654 itens served on the buffet but "eatable" just 3 or 4). Impecable service, very professional and flawless.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I first visited this eatery in 1995 during a visit to Sao Paolo. The meats are fresh off the ranch and you know it immediately. This place set the standard for all Churrascarias in the world. My son was 18 yrs old and before this experience he did not like meat. This changed him forever now. The best delicacy was the roasted chicken hearts which are not found in most Churrascarias in the world.

1  Thank Errol D
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This churrascaria is amazing - quite simply the best meal I have ever eaten. The decor is rather plain but don't let that put you off. The extensive salad and starter bars are impressive enough but the meats...oh my gosh....the meats here are mouth wateringly delicious and all cooked/seasoned to absolute perfection. The waiting staff were so attentive and helpful as they have so many different cuts of meat on other and take the time to explain which part you are eating. The waiting staff come around to your table in rotation and just keep on coming with one large skewer of meat after another which they slice onto your plate. I should be embarassed to admit this but I must have eaten half a cow when I went here as I just couldn't stop trying all the cuts of meat. Unbelievable and I still lick my lips when I think about Fogao.

Been to Fogao Gaucho? Share your experiences!