Luoyang Grand Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Luomu Hotel(Luoyang)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2015

A bit old hotel but the service is traditional. Reception staff are very helpful to offer traveling tips. The hotel location is close to Longmen Grottoes as only 10km distance. Take cap is just about RMB30 ride to Longmen Grottoes.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I would not stay in this hotel again, it was old and run down and the cleanliness was disgusting, I felt like I had to hygienically clean everything before I touched it! The carpet was dirty and ripped and the bed smelled like musty urine. We ventured out of the hotel to find dinner but there is nothing at all around, it's not in a very good area so we ended up back at the hotel and they had a western style menu in their downstairs restaurant which was actually great after days of eating chinese food but that is the only good thing I have to say about this hotel. The breakfast was very poor, I had a spoon of rice and a sausage and that was it so I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My travel agent recommended another hotel but then my budget would have increased. I figured it's only one night. In the end, I should have listened to COT (China Odyssey Tours). If it wasn't for the decent bathroom and furniture, I would have given the place a 2 star rating. The bathroom towels were just disgusting. They were gray and even more noticeable when the towels were wet. My parents' bathroom floor did not seemed mopped at all. My mom wiped off some water that was on the floor and her towel showed traces of dirt. As mentioned in previous reviews, there were no complimentary water bottles - it seemed standard in all of our 6 out of 7 hotels we'd stayed during our 13 day visit. As for breakfast, it was a typical Chinese fare. There were boiled eggs, bread, fried eggs and fruit (standard stuff). That said, my mom requested for some scrambled eggs as the lady was only frying them. The request was denied. Be prepared to smell smoke in the dining hall. There is a no-smoking policy in China but no one seems to enforce it, even in the restaurants. It seems like the Chinese patrons who stay at hotels that cater to Westerners respect the non-smoking policy there. Our guide, Charlie from COT said that normally "westerners' stay at Christian Hotel. Should have splurged!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vhay2013
Reviewed 26 January 2014

For anyone who had stayed in 4* hotels around the world, the Luoyang Grand simply falls well short of the standards you would expect.

Bad staff service, poor food, hard bed, no bottled water, hijacked in the lift by someone offering 'beauty services', taking a disproportionate deposit off the credit card at check in without advising how much and old, grubby and dated decor are just some of the areas I believe it falls short on.

Are there worse hotels in Luoyang? Probably. But my advice to anyone would be to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gaz_n_Dave
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Having had money taken from my credit card without permission by the most obnoxious reception staff, the next experience was to be offered massage services by an ugly woman who jumped into our lift. Rooms are tired, not very clean. No water in the grubby room and breakfast was simply poor with stained linen everywhere. Even for China this is not a four star hotel. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends