All reviews glass wall fast wifi comfortable bed tai chi rooms are big nice hotel goodies tour bathroom china luxury lobby internet amenities caves yuan
Reviewed 22 June 2018

As a solo traveler on a Road Scholar tour, I loved my big, spacious room with comfortable seating. The room was clean, the bed "Chinese firm" which I like. The morning breakfast buffet was delightful with lots of Eastern and Western selections. The lobby was bright and cheerful. Our group was warmly welcomed with tea in the lobby when we arrived tired from our train ride. The park across the street was unfortunately torn up and we had to do our tai chi in a parking lot. Construction in China is everywhere. I enjoyed this hotel and my entire trip to China.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It is a simple hotel with quite a few senior staff around. They are so friendly and helpful. You can feel their loyalty to their hotel.
We had to ask them to pack breakfast as we had morning tour. They went the extra miles to really care for us to ensure we eat well. The massage was good but once is good enough altho they kept asking us to sign package deal (we stayed 4 nights.
I want to especially thank Ms 李 who took extra care of us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank agnasp
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The carpet and upholstery are stained. The a/c doesn’t get turned on until April and it’s 80F outside and in my room. No one on the staff speaks English so I can’t get any help dealing with some very drunk and loud neighbors. Directly outside the front door there is a major construction project for the new metro system. Yes, the water pressure is very good in the shower, but that’s about it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LC_NYC_12
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Comfortable hotel, wifi sound, and best feature of all.....sensational hot water in shower! I have stayed twice now and find it an ok location, lots of local restaurant options nearby. Tough going if you don't speak mandarin though. Hotel breakfast bar was ok, mainly Asian food but plenty of options.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

This is a great hotel for so many reasons. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable from the moment of your arrival. The bow, in a Japanese sort of way, when you walk in, is especially nice.

I rank them 5 star on the constant pleasant smell in the hotel. Very rarely did we get that cigarette smell that seems to work it's way into even the nicest hotels. The linens in the New Friendship smell cleaner and fresher than other China hotels. The bed is comfortably firm - a very comfortable bed, and the room is a great layout. Yes, there is a glass wall in the bathroom, but that's a nice touch. There is a curtain for the more modest set.

The massages on the 2nd floor are noteworthy and are more or less a Thai massage coupled with a foot massage and ear cleaning. It was one of the best massages I have had in China. This is class all the way, and there are other choices around town, I am sure, for any less pure intentions you might have.

The breakfast buffet is voluminous , and is somehow included in the low hotel price. We also went to dinner in the restaurant, and it too was a buffet setup that even included wine and beer in the 78 yuan price. Sweet!

The New Friendship Hotel is a great place to center your visit to Luoyang, it is highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple