The Westin Birmingham
Kings Inn(Birmingham)
Tourway Inn(Birmingham)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe todd english puboctane coffeeconvention centerrain showerfront deskentertainment districtroom servicelobby barrooftop poolnice hotelrestaurants and barsself parkinghotel guestsbusiness hotelguest roomscheck in was a breezeparking deck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had an incident in our B'Ham office. My COO and I, went to the Westin thinking it was a reasonable place to stay. I was deeply disappointed by my stay. The room was nice and clean, the staff were somewhat welcoming except the first lady checking me in. She seemed to look at us in disgust. We checked in late at night so maybe it was at the end of her shift. The restaurant at the bottom is very nice and they have a decent breakfast buffet in the morning, but be prepared to spend an outrageous amount.
The valet was ok, the wi-fi you pay for which I feel is stupid. The breakfast starts at like 6:30 am, which kind of sux. I am an early riser and would like it earlier. The coffee is not started until then either, so they have a coffee shop at the other end, but the coffee sux and it is WAAAAYYY over priced. I won't stay there again, and I recommend you don't either.

Room Tip: I dont have any tips as I was deeply disappointed with my stay.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
heswithstarwood, Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Christopher H,,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Birmingham and providing your honest feedback on Trip Advisor..

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. I am sorry that our breakfast opening time is not as early as you would prefer. Also, just wanted to share with you that all SPG members get free Wi-Fi, and you can sign up, for free, at check in time.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Quick overnight at The Westin, Birmingham...Clean room? Check. Good night's sleep? Check. Friendly staff? Check. Quality of restaurant on site? Check. Pool? Check. Gym? Check. Will we return? Meh. Did anything stand out? Not so much.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Shellseeker58,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to Birmingham.

Westin Birmingham

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a job event. Checked in on Valentine's day. There was a handsome young man with champagne, roses and cake bites. I felt so special. Breakfast was served in the mornings and was great as well.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2018

First of all, they lose a star for not offering free WiFi. I don't understand how in this day and age you can pay $200 a night for a hotel and they still try and nickel and dime you for wireless. Overall the hotel was pretty nice. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Only two other small complaints. The hotel was sometimes noisy late at night as its near the convention center and there can be a lot of people outside. Also, self-parking is a nightmare as you have to park in this completely overcrowded garage attached to the convention center. It took me almost 30 minutes to get my car out of the garage. It turns out using valet only costs another 10-15 dollars so I would definitely recommend using the valet.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Jose P, Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Grant R,
Thank you, for your constructive feedback!
We do offer free WiFi to all SPG members, and if you are not a member you can sign up at check in, and automatically get free WiFi. There's no charge to sign up. As far as the parking deck, yes, it can be difficult to enter or exit when they have concerts or other big events at the convention center. I do agree with you that Valet can be a good option if they have an event at the convention center. Thank you, for sharing with us your satisfaction with the hotel, room cleanliness and friendliness of staff. We hope to be at your service the next time you are in Birmingham.
Cordially,

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Simply the best. Valet, Front desk, maid service, Restuarant my gosh nothing could be asked they did not take care of. Had Sunday morning brunch and everything was set up and nothing was missing. Great place good service gracious employees.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
heswithstarwood, Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear RR,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. This is what motivates all of us even more, when we read such nice reviews. Thank you, for your review, and we sure hope to see you again!