“Pretty sure they have moved out of town”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
JiMu HePing Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 117 Restaurants in Dali
Cuisines: Tibetan
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Please see above. We looked for this up and down the road as numbers are confusing on Bo'ai, but could not find. when we asked we were told they had moved out of town. Will delete this if I see a more recent update showing it is still there.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Great menu, nice ambiance. Food was ok. We were there off season, so things were a bit slow and quiet.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Popular place, well-run. Nice food. Try the local style food.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We often come up here for the Tibetan ghoulash which is like a tasty east European stew that is very filling and a reasonable price. Jim is notoriously harsh and mistrusting with his staff so service can be variable.
We also like the Tibetan banquet which is a good option if there are at least four of you. We counted at least 16 dishes as well as a delicious dessert, for just 30 RMB per person. You may want to avoid Jim’s No. 1 Whiskey, a local moonshine whose harshness is disguised by a few local herbs.

5  Thank ModernDayMarcoPolo
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I almost never give a negative review for a place because I know how much it can hurt a small business and their reputation. But what put me off about this place has to be said. I was there with my family, my daughters and my son in law who's an American Chinese. My daughter and son in law were interested to take an overland trip to Lhasa, so we talked to Jim the owner. He must have be inerberated that night, smelling like cheap rice alcohol. Sometime during the conversation, he pointed to my son in law and say, "You're Han(meaning Han Chinese), we don't like your people in Tibet at all". Then he looked at my daughter and said, "But you're American, you're ok".
Needless to say, we were astounded by this brilliant bit of truth, but still maybe he should put it in a subtler way? My son in law is a person of dignity, so the conversation moved forward without altercation, if Jim had said that to me, it'll be a different outcome. The trip to Tibet never happened for my daughter and her husband, which had been their dream for almost a decade.
Sorry for the long rant, but just feel this need to be told. The food and ambience of the restaurant itself is not bad, and it's not good either, nothing to write home about. I'll give this place a miss.

1  Thank bedson56