“Better options elsewhere”
Review of Kaiyi's Kitchen

Kaiyi's Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 114 Restaurants in Dali
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The guy who served my food kept coughing and spluttering, and maybe that just made me a bit more cynical about the food in general.

I had the American breakfast, and it was mostly fine, but the scrambled eggs had a weird texture, and it was overly salted.

I'd still consider returning though if someone recommended a particular dish.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

we have been here with the family for morning coffee (finally an amazing cappuccino in China) of lunch (sandwiches were great) and for dinner two times. They have a very diverse menu, so every one can pick whatever they like. I had a steak the first night and quesadilla's the second night and I enjoyed it very much.

Nice ambiance and sitting outside was very pleasant!!!

Reviewed 8 January 2017

The food was fresh, delicious and inexpensive. We tried a selection of several different local dishes; all were delicious. They also have Western food that looked good (but we didn't try ). The location is also convenient right on Foreigner Street.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Sit on the terrace and people watch. Quite a few will want your photo.

The menu has English and has a wide selection. Our orders were chicken-bacon rolls with a salad and breaded pork chop with fries. Both were excellent. A bottle of the house red wine went down well. The bill was quite reasonable.

The service was also pretty good.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I ordered an iced latte and fried banana with ice cream. The fried banana was essentially a single banana cut into pieces (which is OK I suppose), but the scoop of ice cream - which was tasty - was a little small. The problem was the coffee, which was hot! When we had placed the order we said quite clearly - in Chinese - ICED.

When the error was pointed out to the waiter, he asked if I wanted another - iced- latte, I am not sure if he meant for free, I told him to leave it. I have had the same problem at the InterContinental, so I suppose I can allow for an error in Kaiyi's Kitchen!

The menu was very varied, although I had initially wanted the apple pie, which was well advertised on signs too, but they didn't have any, so I don't know if they have all the things they say you can order. The menu is in English as well as Chinese. The latte, incidentally, is called 'dancing latte' in English, but just 'latte' in Chinese. Maybe the iced latte had danced a little too much and that's why it had got hot!