“Amazing food!”

Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Dali
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Come and try our fabulous coffee, milk shakes, waffles, panini sandwiches, hamburgers, enchiladas, Asian fusion or any of our other delicious menu items. Enjoy our outdoor seating on the most beautiful street in Dali. Order our breakfast special before 12:00pm and get bottomless Americano coffee or tea included!
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We went there because it was very close to our hostel (jade emu, very good as well) and we really enjoyed ! The food is really great (Thai chicken, pumpkin soup) and good atmosphere. You should definitely go there if you look for a mix betw en western and Chinese food!
We might go back!!

1  Thank carodroit

Reviewed 3 November 2017

It took us a while to locate the Blue Gecko, but we were so glad to have found it! Located in a quiet part of the old town, the food was fresh and very tasty. We spoke to the English owner of the restaurant, who was exceptionally helpful in providing tips as to what to visit during our stay, and she also offered to help us arrange transport to the railway station the following day.

1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Great food option in Dali after having some bad experiences this restored our faith and is certainly a trustworthy place to eat in Dali. The food is fresh and hot. The coffee was great. We'll be going back here.

1  Thank Gemma G
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

When I came today I had an impression the girl who worked there was unhappy and prefer to rest and have no guests. I felt not welcomed.There were no clients in the restaurant exept me all time.
Food was ok, pizza is eatable, better then I had before in Kunming restaurants.
Will not come back for sure.

tracyasia, Owner at Blue Gecko Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Hi, I apologise that our staff did not meet your expectations. We have considered your review and we are in the process of conduction more staff training to try to ensure this does not happen again. If you are ever in Dali again, please come back to the Blue Gecko for a free drink and give us another chance to prove our improved service.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

What an amazing place to sit and relax, I could've stayed all day. Service was very friendly and they have an extensive menu. I tried a couple of Chinese dishes which were good, but not amazing. If I return, I'll try the other items recommended from other reviewers.