US$305
US$438
US$271
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hostel Villa Zorana(Hvar)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$79
Hostelworld.com
Youth Hostel Villa Marija(Hvar)(Great Value!)
US$181
  • Bar/Lounge
US$171
US$395
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$454/night.

2,212 results
All reviewspool areaswim up barsea viewbonj les bainsgreat poolbig hotelpublic beachplenty of sunbedsyour luggagesister hotelhula hulasun loungershigh seasonnice walkmin walkold townbeautiful island
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We were looking forward to Hvar and Amfora so much as we've been coming here for years, we were however very disappointed to say the least. I knew Suncani Hvar and Orco group (owners) have big issues these days, but nothing could've prepared us for what we were to experience. We booked 2 junior suites for 5 nights @320eur/ night - a bit pricey but worth it we thought, big mistake.

Since we were traveling with friends and 2 toddlers, I called hotel 2 times prior to our arrival to make sure 2 extra cots were ready when we get there as kids were getting sleepy, I was told not to worry only to come to Amfora and be told that 1 suite is ready while the other one cannot be ready before 6 a clock as some 'drunk Russians; don't want to leave the room?! The check in time is 3pm and when I told the reception manager that, he said to have some understanding?! For 320eur a night I don't think so. So we had to wait and wait, finally decided to eat smth at the pool while the mess with our suite is sorted out - the food in the pool restaurant is terrible, dry, no taste...never ate there again. Mind you also, if you are coming with kids, besides the very limited pool restaurant menu, there is no other working restaurant for lunch in the hotel.

We were finally called to the reception around 4, asked to rest in another room until 6 pm when our suite would finally be ready, we did so only to come to our suite finally and find out our shower and fridge is not working. It took 2 days and me calling and talking to reception 4 times for them to fix it, so there I was at my balcony having my morning coffee while 2 guys were swirling the wall for half an hour, how nice.....they never fixed the fridge.

We asked for 2 water kettles for our 2 suits as we had two toddlers that drink formula morning/night, we were given only one and told this is the one used by staff, hotel doesn;t provide them.

Our rooms were not cleaned properly the first 2 days, we had to warn them about that too in order to get the proper service. We had to get up at 7am in order to get our towels on the pool chairs and 'reserve' them as there wasn't any left later on in the morning - full hotel and not enough space for everyone, but that didn't stop the management to let other non-hotel guests in as they were paying for entrance. I could go on and on about the management of this hotel and service we got there. It makes me sad as I had high hopes for Amfora couple of years back when it first got renovated. I am sure something will have to change drastically after this season. This was by far the worst service we got in any hotels so far and we do travel a lot. In the end, we didn't even get an apology for all the incoveniences we experienced.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelxo
Reviewed 2 July 2010

we were here for three nights in june. we loved the location (a 10 minute walk to the center of town), the pool was amazing, and the bar/staff was very friendly. we also booked massages at bonj les bains, which was a lovely experience -- massages by the sea.

these positives being said, our hotel room was on the small side, but it did have a nice view and a small balcony. the bathroom was very sleek but not as functional as one might prefer. it was also pretty small.

luckily we were so busy on the island that we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. probably a better fit for people who want to spend time lounging at the pool during the day and dancing all night.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

The hotel location was amazing, the design, decor and layout phenomenol! When requesting information on airport transfer , they refer you to there transfer department which wants to charge 15 Euro for ferry and 45euro for ferry and airport, per person. This is a complete rip off cause to purchase directly for ferry is $3 US and from airport to the port is $5US. When we arrived in to Hvar Port we realized that the transfer from port to Hotel is free and they DO NOT tell us that! Ridiculous!

The rooms are beautiful, beds extremely comfortable with amazing patio views. The bathroom has a very big shower problem. This is something I read from previous trip advisor reviews, but it really is bad. The shower pours out water onto the bathroom floor, creating a flood and this flows into the carpet into the room creating a disgusting smell that happened to worsen day by day.

The inclusive breakfast is fantastic, with a selection of meats, fruits, cheeses, eggs, pastries and the view is amazing from the breakfast area.

The pool area is nice, with a seperate area for children. The hotel has its own beach in the cove, also very nice. Service all in all, was dissapointing. It was strange to me that the level of service did not match the beauty of the hotel. We asked the concierge for suggestions to activities and restaurants outside of hotel, no reccomendations were made. Ask people in town for these suggestions. Also, being a tourist, the cab drivers rip you off to drive you to town from the hotel ($20 US for 1 mile), and the hotel does nothing to try to protect you.

Overall, would stay at this hotel again, ONLY because of the hotel beauty and location! But don't expect anything beyond that for service.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2010

First would like to thank Jelsa & Largebrick for all the advice on travelling to the hotel from Split...it was really helpful! Thanks :)

Hotel is in good location 5mins walk to main square, have free shuttle bus to pick you up from catamaran (but limited space) hotel is clean, very minimal & there is little supermarket up the road. There is free wifi at reception & I think its suppose to work in the room but the wifi is not strong enough to be picked up in room! Show your room key & get 10% discount on Suncani hotel group round the island.

Rooms are small, showers are good, has shower gels, shampoo, hair dryer etc. but no cotton pads/buds, slippers or dressing gowns & only provide you with 1 bath towel & hand towel p/p but I'm used to having 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel, 1 face flannel per person! so it was a bit of a struggle. Rooms are very clean & generally has everything you need.

Swimming pool & bonj les bains is good, the water slide is fun! There is also a public pebble beach which is also nice. The hotel has a beach towel card system, you exchange your card for a beach towel, if you fail to return towel card@end of stay, the charge is 200kuna per day. We were told off by the towel women for changing wet towels twice in one day, she was so rude! Guests are only allowed to have 1 beach towel per day & these must be returned by 7pm- not one 4* I have been to have ever or would even consider being so rude & have a towel card system!

I agree with Simlucas & Avr08 re staff courtesy, they are really very rude, I have never experienced being greeted at reception of a 4* with "YES?" & a stare in my face, I was so confused I couldn't string a sentence together!! Booking taxi was an issue, the reception was so rude & patronising to us, so I patronised him, he then changed his attitude.

In general if you want a nice cheap hotel for a weekend break (I only stayed for 2 nights) I would recommend (you have to avoid contact with the staff) but I wouldn't stay for anything more.

1  Thank lalalatracy
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Like other reviewers, I will start with the positives. First of all, the hotel is in a great location and from the outside looks like a fantastic hotel. The pool also looks gorgeous and there is easy and quick access to the beach. The rooms were also clean and comfortable, if not a bit small.
Negatives - Upon returning from a swim we realised the shower head in our room was broken. We went personally down to reception to let them know about the issue and were told the matter would be settled shortly. After another visit to reception no less than 24 hours later, someone finally came to fix the shower.
Also, although it says 'complimentary' wifi in all rooms - you indeed have to pay. The 'complimentary' is purely for the service.
Overall we found the reception staff to be unfriendly and unhelpful and one example of this was the night before check out we went down to reception to ask if we should pre order a taxi as we had to leave early the next morning to catch a ferry. We were told by reception that there would be no need and they would call one in the morning for us. However, in the morning there was a back log of people waiting for taxis and transfers. I once again asked if they could order a taxi to which they replied to me that we would be catching a taxi with another couple going to the port - which was fine. However, they failed to let the other couple know about this arrangement and also failed to mention to the taxi company and a small taxi turned up that could not fit in all of our luggage. After another ten minutes of fussing around the hotel finally called another taxi for us - why this wasnt done in the first place is a mystery to me - and we made it to the port with minutes to spare.
After staying at the Palace Hotel in Dubrovnik, which is a five star, this just seemed to not even compare - and it did not compare to a lot of other four star hotels we have stayed in on this trip.

1  Thank SimLucas
ztudor, Manager at Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

Dear Mr. & Mrs. SimLucas,

Thank you for staying with us at Amfora, Hvar grand beach resort, a fantastic property internationally recognized for its unique location, modern design, excellent dining experiences and the most beautiful cascading pool.
In reference to your comments, please note that Amfora features many room types; ranging from Standard accommodation to Premium & Deluxe Suites of up to 80 m2 in size.
Needles to say, in 2009 Princess of Morocco stayed with us and enjoyed our choice accommodation and all of the hotel’s facilities immensely.
Amfora is 100% Wi-Fi covered on fully complimentary basis. However, should any of our guests decide to plug-in and connect thru our telephone line, the amount spent will be charged. We believe that such practice is acceptable simply due to different telephone connection charges that apply on fixed lines. And in this day and age, that is the very reason why we offer complimentary Wi-Fi, to avoid our customers having to incur additional costs.
As for the technical shortcomings detected in your room, please accept our deepest apologies and rest assure that all technical issues which occur in our hotel’s daily life are always dealt with highest priority.
For all transfers in and out of the hotel, we use our “Sea/Land Transfer department”, but due to occasional large volume of simultaneous departures, contracted local taxi companies assist on guest’s request.
Shared taxi service is strictly a choice of our guests and by no means a solution exercised by the hotel management. However, I still am surprised on daily basis how many guests actually prefer to share and save on costly drive to catch a ferry on the other side of the island.
An unfortunate mistake is likely to have been the deciding factor on your departure, but by no means do we considered this a rule or something that happens often.
In the end, we sincerely thank you for your constructive and objective observations and truly hope you will be our guest again in future.

For any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Hotel Amfora, General Manager