Ethno House Plitvice(Plitvice Lakes National Park)
US$111
Ethno Houses Plitvica Selo(Plitvice Lakes National Park)
US$185
US$111
Turist Grabovac(Grabovac)
US$113
HotelsClick
Tourist Centar Marko(Plitvice Lakes National Park)
Plitvice Hotel(Plitvice Lakes National Park)
TripAdvisor
Villa Mukinja(Plitvice Lakes National Park)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnational parkhotel rooms areshort walk from the bus stopbasic accommodationincluded breakfast isforest viewexcellent locationpleasant viewquiet at nightfree entrancebit datedticket officerooms are cleanstar hoteltwo nightsno elevatorno air conditioning
Reviewed 24 October 2009

The Bellevue is the cheaper option of the 3 hotels within the parks. It's fine. Definitely nothing fancy. You can go next door to the Plitvice Hotel for a nice meal and drinks on the balcony overlooking the lake. The man at the desk when we arrived was fantastic and very helpful. The woman who worked the desk the other 2 days was extremely unhelpful and it was like having us there was a burden to her. She would snap at you if you asked a question (i.e. where is the bus stop, do you have internet access--nothing tough!) and literally rolled her eyes and told me "I don't have time for you" (when all she was doing was watching t.v.)
If I walked in again and that woman was there, I'd walk out....but I would stay again as it served its purpose as a place to stay with easy access to the bus and to the park entrance.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank colewpg
Reviewed 17 August 2009

There are two other hotels within national park. No available rooms there so we stayed at Bellevue. Rooms are too narrow,no problem for us but the beds were very uncomfortable, the walls are thin. Think about this as a very basic conditioned place. Best part was the good breakfast and the location.After a day of hike, it is good to know your hotel is within the park.No hairdryer in rooms, I requested from reception and they gave me one.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gezipaylasim
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Much of what I read prior to booking a place somewhere in the vicinity of the Plitvice Lakes suggested in a roundabout way that the best option is to stay WITHIN the park itself. In this case you get a choice of three hotels - the Bellevue, Plitvice Hotel or Jezera. The Bellevue was the only place available so my sister and i opted for two single rooms for two nights.
I have to say that if you are visiting Plitvice Lakes, do not feel compelled to stay within the park itself. There are lovely lodges and B'nBs all around the area that you can research online and book with. If you have taken a car or bicycle, the little distance it will take to reach the Park itself will not even be an issue. The Bellevue may be right by the main lake but if our experience is anything to go by, you may not be treated well and certainly not with the respect you would expect as a guest.
After a long bus ride from Zadar, we looked forward to arriving at the hotel. We'd read about the thin walls (pack your earplugs) shabby breakfasts, soft mattresses and dreary furnishing and knew we could deal with all this. The bigger complaint i have is with the staff. The woman behind the desk did not welcome us in the slightest. She seemed more put out that we had arrived and wished to book in. One of the single rooms was a huge disappointment (It was a tiny box-room with barely enough room to swing the rucksack off my back). The other room in which my sister set up was certainly better and had a little lake-side balcony so I headed wearily for the lady at front reception with bag on my back hoping she might change my room. I got little eye contact and "No, no, no," repeated while she listlessly tapped at the computer. No joy there. In the end, my sis and I swapped rooms on the second evening in the interest of fairness.
That first night, we tried to find a place for an evening meal. Again, you are very limited by staying within the park. We found a nice looking terrace outside the Bellevue's main restaurant but it was extremely quiet and over the course of our poor meal developed no atmosphere. The staff here were the surliest i have seen yet. It wasn't difficult to spot raised eyebrows from what few patrons had taken up seats as menus were thrown in their laps and any questions or food orders were received with a grumpiness bordering on hostility, leaving the customers incredulous or uncomfortable. It really was something to observe.
On the morning we were to leave, we could not make the staff at reception understand that our rooms had already been paid for through 1800hotels. My sister had a back-and-forth with the lady behind the desk until she phoned someone to confirm that payment had been made. Then, with no attempt at apology, the penny dropped and we could leave.
It goes without saying that the Lakes themselves are beautiful and they are what I will remember. However, if you are a rational person and you book this hotel, be fully prepared for your patience to be tested.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mexicanbob
Reviewed 13 April 2009

The previous reviews seem right on the mark to me, so I don't want to be redundant -- Don't miss Plitvice -- the hotel is serviceable but brutally nondiscript -- and we found the front desk to be friendly -- the dinners in the immediate vicinity are WAY overpriced, so if you have a car, go to the nearest town -- but the breakfast was surprisingly good -- the rooms are small but clean, and the walls/doors are thin. Nevertheless, you are there to crash for a night and see Plitvice Park, so the Belleview's a convenient and cheap way to go -- We'd do the same thing all over again.

The best restaurants (for the price) are the two INSIDE the park (one right on the lake at the midway point) , but they close at about 4:30 - 5:00. If we had it to do over again, we'd eat an early dinner at the park-restaurant near the entrance.

Also, at one end of the two entrances to the park there is a LONG LONG uphill/downhill walk. We chose to go DOWN this way, and then slowly ascend during our hike through the park -- also, this way you are looking INTO the front of the waterfalls as you stroll along. I'd certainly recommend the same tactic to others.

A note about transportation to the Park from Zagreb. We were traveling from Zagreb to Split, so we stopped at Plitvice on the way -- probably NOT the best way to do it, as the bus trip to Split from Plitvice is a brutal 6.5 hour ride (If you take the 9:30 morning bus) and may make anyone sick who has a tendency towards motion sickness (no restrooms on the bus, but a couple of stops along the way) -- There is a late afternoon bus which cuts back to the freeway and only takes four hours, but you get into Split very late in the evening.

If I had it to do over again, I'd either rent a car (and thus be able to get away to a decent restaurant for dinner), or make Plitvice a long day trip from Zagreb by bus (The bus trip from Zagreb to Plitvice is an OK two hour trip), and then take the train to Split. (Returning the car in Split seemed difficult, so we chose not to rent a car.) We are Senior Citizens (not in particularly good shape!) and casually walked the entire Park in under 4 hours, so a day trip is certainly doable The worst part of our 30 day European Trip was the bus ride from Plitvice to Split!! (However, the bus ride from Split to Dubrovnik is MUCH better!)

Anyway, don't miss Plitvice!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank SJTCHT
Reviewed 13 June 2008

Great price at 54 Euro and the cheapest room in the park. A decent continental breakfast is included. This is a no frills, bare minimum room to leave your bag, take a shower, and rest your head for the night. Don't expect anything more. If you're ok with that, the price is a steal.

The walls are thin so you can hear everything going on around you but it's quiet at night when it matters.

I'd recommend getting here early afternoon, hiking as much as you can, finishing up what you missed in the morning, and leaving in the afternoon. 1 night here is sufficient. The best hikes here take about 4-5 hours total at a leisurely pace.

Mid-April was off season so almost all the restaurants were closed except for the one in Jezero next door. There was no one there and it was almost like an erie scene from "The Shining" - big empty hotel and literally no one in sight. We sat down at a table in the cavernous ballroom and were both startled when a waitress snuck up on us out of nowhere. The food is overpriced and sub par but there's nothing around so there's not much choice.

If you're taking the bus out of here, ask for the schedule to Split from the front desk. There's a tiny bus stop on the main road to the right of the hotel. Make sure to flag down the bus at around the time that they gave you. There's a lot of buses that go by so just keep waving until the right one pulls up. It was actually right on time within about 5 minutes surprisingly.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple