Lowest prices for your stay
US$165
Travelocity
Booking.comUS$143
Hotels.comUS$165
Expedia.comUS$165
All reviews stayed here for one week the pool area was lovely breakfast and dinner coast sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019

I stayed here for one week in mid September. The hotel is right beside the coast, lovely walk into Porec which only takes about 15 mins. The pool area was lovely, I didn't have any food at the pool bar so can't comment. I loved the beach bar just in front of the hotel (on the coast) saw some beautiful sunsets from there while sipping on a cocktail. The little tourist train stops right beside the beach bar also and you can either go into Porec or Zelena Laguna - I highly suggest going to Zelena Laguna for either lunch or swim etc. it's beautiful. My room was perfect, large, clean with really comfortable bed and the shower was fantastic. My room was on the 2nd floor, was quiet, facing the sea etc. I thought the selection at breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and all very tasty. The evening meal was pretty good, a bit "samey" perhaps, but there was certainly plenty of it and anything I had tasted good. The bar area and lobby etc were both clean, modern etc. and some good music on a couple of the nights we were there. Yes the outside and the rooms could probably do with a lick of paint but I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel if in Porec in the future.

4  Thank AnneKildareIreland
Reviewed 27 September 2019

The location was great! Close to the beach and only a 15 min walk from the centre of Porec. Size of room was reasonable (We had a triple room for 2 persons). The cleaning of our room was always good. Breakfast and diner were absolutely great!! (for a 3*** hotel). Great variety and they were refiling it often. If you go to diner at 19.00 it's quite busy, so we almost never did that. We waited till after 19.30 (with a little luck you even had a table at the lovely outside terrace;)
Swimmingpool was nice and clean. Every other evening there was live music. (Almost all) the staff was very friendly and helpfull.
Seating in lounge was comfortable and spacious. Wifi was good in lounge and poolbar. Not always in the room, but this was also stated on the website (so expected)

Date of stay: August 2019
4  Thank m_flachs
Reviewed 26 September 2019

Been to this hotel twice before in 2017 and 2018 with jet2 and thought we knew what we were getting. Wrong. We booked a 'superior with balcony and side sea view' room as we had before and were expecting room with fridge and safe, as we had before. The fridge is important as my wife has medication that needs to be kept chilled.
On arrival the hotel, from the exterior, is looking quite shabby although it is in a super location, amidst pine trees, not far from the seafront and only a 20min stroll to town. There is a 'train' if you can't be bothered with the walk. The reception and bar area are pretty decent, fairly modern and with adequate seating. The rest of the interior is now looking quite dated with badly scuffed paintwork, shabby carpeting etc. This standard is reflected in the rooms themselves.
Despite having booked a 'superior' room the room we were allocated, although having a balcony and a sea view, must be the smallest room in the hotel and no fridge or safe. Don't know how they arrive at the 'superior' definition. We made reception aware of the fridge issue and they were able to relocate us to another room the following day albeit without a seaview.
There seems to have been a few, what could be considered minor, cutbacks but it did have an impact on our expectations. They no longer provide a pool towel service and, during the time we stayed, there was no attendant at the pool. We did notice, on occasion, non-residents using the pool area. They also seem to have cut back in the dining room, itself in need of a refurb. Only one set of cutlery on the table at evening meal; there is clean cutlery available but you shouldn't have to go searching for it. No tea pot or coffee pot at breakfast (there used to be) just individual cups, teabags and an urn of water and, although the breakfast is quite good, the standard of food at the evening meal seems to have dropped considerably. The evening meal routine is something of a fiasco, the gathering at the dining room doors at ten to seven, doors open at seven, the scramble for tables and the ridiculous way in which the food is laid out necessitates a queue round the food island queueing for food you don't want to get to the food you do. Thank the lord for the drinks waiters (there aren't many} who, despite being overwhelmed by the crowd do an incredible job, particularly Damir, Dragan and another older gentleman whose name escapes me. All three deserve a pay rise.
Be aware that floor 5 is the ground floor. If you want a room with a balcony view go for a higher floor and, if you want a sunny room, lower numbered rooms
All in all, compared with our previous experience at this hotel it was very disappointing and I'm afraid we won't be going back.

2  Thank ceetw0
Reviewed 18 September 2019 via mobile

I went with my cousin to stay in Porec for a week and we had the most fantastic holiday. We stayed in the Rubin sunny. I would describe our room as basic, although it was a "superior" room. Another couple that were staying there also had a superior room and there's was far more superior than ours! It was clean but could have done with updating somewhat. The bathroom had no ventilation so it was mouldy in a few places. The wonderful thing about it was the location. I couldn't fault them on that as it was right on the beach at the front and a lovely forest at the back. The pool area was very clean and well kept. The staff could smile a bit more, although one of them, a young girl called Matea, was so lovely. She always had a big smile and she was very helpful. I wish the rest of the staff were like that. The food was adequate, nothing to write home about. I would go back there but i think all the rooms classed as superior should be the same standard so that no guest is getting a better deal than others for the same price.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sylviar235
Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

We really love Croatia, that’s why we jumped at the opportunity to visit again.
The area is really lovely. About 100m to a beautiful beach, and about 10 minutes walk or less to the beautiful city of Porec. You can either walk, hire a bicycle or take the little train into town. Hotel setting is very close to the beach, which is lovely. You can hire a sunbed and umbrella on the beach. Hotel is a bit dated and in dire need of a good renovation. WiFi only available in hotel foyer and not in the rooms, which I found a bit irritating. Food: Breakfast was nice, with bacon and egg as well as other food daily. Supper was also nice, with enough to choose from for everyone. Fresh fruit was also available. I would have liked to see a bit more seafood, not just fish. Staff were friendly and helpful. Now we get to the room. Room itself is quite spacious, with comfy beds. Bathroom also ok. Aircon in the room and it worked very well. Although our bed was made daily, the rubbish bins emptied and fresh towels left when asked, our room and bathroom was not cleaned or vacuumed ONCE during our stay! The bathroom floor wasn’t cleaned once. There were still hair on the floor from the previous person that stayed there. Bath itself wasn’t cleaned once. Wash basin wasn’t cleaned once. Carpet in the room wasn’t vacuumed once. That was disappointing to me. Bathroom wall and ceiling was full of mildew. The curtains were falling off the rails. The one bedside lamp didn’t work. I feel that the hotel should jack up on the cleaning personnel or appoint someone that actually checks if all of this is being done. All in all we enjoyed our stay, it’s just the cleanliness of the rooms that needs to be sorted out.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank X8185NZkarenf
Roam05301748052, General Manager at Rubin Sunny Hotel by Valamar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2019

Dear K Fesenmeier,

Thank you for choosing Rubin Sunny by Valamar Hotel and for sharing your experience with us. While we are happy to hear you were satisfied with some aspects of the service, we are sorry to hear we didn’t meet your expectations in regard to the cleanliness of the room.
We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and we are sorry that you feel that in this case that we fell short.
If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great experience that so many of our guests have had.

Warm regards,