“Very good (all things considering)”
Review of Harpun

Harpun
Ranked #44 of 128 Restaurants in Rab Island
Cuisines: Eastern European
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We looked at TripAdvisor and saw a lot of good comments but also a lot of very bad, so we went there with mixed feelings, not expecting too much. We ordered mixed girl and chicken. The food was good, not a 3 star resto but good. The service was good as well. All went very fast and staff was doing everything to free up a table for us (6 people), but they also did everything to make sure we left asap. In this season turning tables is important as they only have 4 months to make a profit.

1  Thank Bob G
There are newer reviews for Harpun

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Among the restaurants we tried in old city of Rab, it is certainly one of those we preferred (though nothing to compare with what you can find the other side of the harbour, Banjol side, especially the Sport restaurant)
Food is good and staff is nice and helpful (you don't have the feeling you are just a eating payer ;-)

1  Thank Michel W
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We saw that this restaurant was almost always full, which gave us the impression that the food is good. We were not mistaken, my oyster stew was very good, and my boyfriend's stuffed squids were also tasty.
However, I did not get the impression that the waiters pay too much attention to the guests. I ordered mangold on the side to go with oysters, but the waiter did not bring it, even after we discussed if I wanted extra or just a regular-sized portion while ordering everything. After I tried calling for him several times, I just gave up, no reaction from him whatsoever. Good thing we were given the bread.
My boyfriend complained that the side dish portion size was too small for the amount of squids he got (4, I think), so he also ended up eating the bread with his dish.
All in all, I did not get the impression of the real sea food restaurant here, because they have a lot of grill dishes to choose from, but not many sea food or fish. The prices are more or less reasonable, but I think the quality of the service and the food could improved to meet those prices.
We left with a bitter taste in our mouth, but only because we were given a shot of rakija at the end, as every guest is, which I think is a nice gesture.
There is certainly room for improvement, but this is a nice place, has lots of seats, suitable for big groups and prices are okay.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

We had chevap and pljeskavica there with the kids, after wandering and exploring Rab for a couple of hours. It was around noon, and we were the only guests for a while... we wondered, why everyone stopped at the other restaurant in this tiny alley.
Food was fine, staff was all right, nothing extraordinary, only good food, pleasant atmosphere, perfect for gathering our energy before heading for the sea.
And it was quite cheap, too.

2  Thank Réka P
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Very bad service, waited for 45 minutes for food with only few more customers in the restaurant. Food was average, small portions.