See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2014

Great neighbourhood and close to many cute bars and conveniences.
The room was clean and safe and the hostel staff were really helpful too!
Unfortunately the pool was closed when we were there, but I imagine it's PERFECT for a dip when the weather is so hot!

Room Tip: Go for the double room with a window! (the natural light is much preferred)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mary m
Reviewed 16 September 2014

I was in the city for business and decided to try a hostel for a change. The room was basic but clean, the internet worked fairly well, the beer was cold and well priced, didn't get a chance to go into the pool but it was big, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful when I wanted directions around the neighborhood, and the room comes with breakfast. The shower in the shared bathroom was only cold water but the stuffy weather in Guayaquil doesn't necessarily make it a negative, but if you want a hot shower you are out of luck. There are a bunch of great places to eat around the hostel and it is fairly close to everything. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 6 only has a window to a covered courtyard and you'll have a lightbulb shining into your room all night.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights just passing through Guayaquil. We stayed in a double room with its own bathroom.
The hostel itself has a good vibe, friendly people and within easy walking distance to supermarkets and the main street where you can find some good restaurants (some terrible ones too, avoid Fanaticos, unless you want salt poisoning).
The rooms aren't amazing, but they are clean and comfortable with a fan and a decent bathroom. The water is temperamental, I couldn't get it to go hot but others did.
Overall I would recommend. It's not 5* but we paid $12 a night, so we got what we expected.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Guayaquil was our first stop in Ecuador and this hostel didn't welcome us in the slightest! The room was appalling, poorly lit and smelt of drains. The beds were old and didn't seem clean. The staff weren't overly friendly and when we asked for another cofffee at breakfast we felt like it was far too much to ask! There was a lack of atmosphere which coupled with the poor service and facilities made this one of the worst hostels we have stayed in. The only positives were that the internet worked well and the kitchen was ok. No hot water either, although Guayaquil is warm enough that this isn't entirely necessary.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Nucapacha, Owner at Hostel Nucapacha, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Emma.
I am truly sorry for making you get the worst impression of our city. I have located the room you guys were and we are looking into the smell you mention, although i am surprise of the old beds since the matresses are pretty new and the beds are constantly under maintenance, still we take very serious this matter since we are aware that our rooms are simple so we think that the least we can do is work really hard to keep them as clean as possible.
Breakfast, since is complementary, we are prepared to serve one per person, we hate having to charge extra for coffee, (and a lot of people find this unpolite, including us) so it might seem that we hesitate but this is only because we have to make sure we have enough in the kitchen, once we have check this, we have no problem in giving it.
I know that it does not make sense to explain this to you since you are no longer at the hostel and are probably not comming back, and I wish there was something i could to change that, however i am aware that is not possible, so i will only apologize again and thank you very much for taking the time to write us and let us know what you think. I'll make sure to take the steps to address the problems that you have mention and hopefully turn this review around into future awsome ones.
Kind Regards.
Carolina

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The first night I stayed there I took a private room but with no private bathroom, which turned out to be an only cold water shower. When referring that to the reception they said: 'well, there is hot water only in the rooms with private bathrooms'.
Later I took a room with a private bathroom for the hot water. There was no hot water.
After negotiation a small discount was offered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo