“Probably best choice for Guayaquil”
Review of Hostel Nucapacha

and 1 more site!
Hostel Nucapacha
Reviewed 19 May 2015

It is a bit far off the centre, but this is reached easy by bus (number 52). The hostel is great, with a good breakfast, fantastic wifi and an amazing pool. The rooms are very big, but it is crazily hot at night. Luckily the hostel provide fans in the rooms. Also there is a bar, where you can purchase drinks and hang out on the pool. Great holiday feeling.

Room Tip: The 4 bed dorms are great
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Isabell8785

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

I began coming to Nuca Pacha in 2014 after travelling through most of Ecuador. I had seen many hostels, hotels and otherwise and when I discovered this gem I was massively happy! It's location is a big draw for me: located in the beautiful district of Urdesa,  Guayaquil.

The staff here are absolutely awesome!...happy people that are attracted to a happy place. They are all very informative with respect to where, how and when to visit what this City has to offer.

The rates are great and the options for rooms as well. Two big dorms and many private rooms (my preference). It's clean, safe and welcoming. Those qualities alone would be great but there is more: they have an awesome pool!...yes I said pool.

This is located on a beautifully peaceful patio area and many seem to simply remain here and lounge at the pool all day- including myself...it's brilliant. You can pick fresh Mangos and Papaya from the trees in the patio area. This can accompany your free breakfast made every morning for you with fresh squeezed juice and coffee. They have a bar with cold bevvies readily available that is poolside. The rooms are clean and kept clean all the time.

It is the most popular hostel / stopover in Guayaquil for many international visitors as I have seen time and time again.

I've seen some reviews where some have expressed concern for an apparent lack of English speaking staff???...firstly: you're travelling in a Spanish speaking Country and you should learn the basics before even leaving your house. I'll never understand this silly complaint. Second: there always is some staff that at least speak some English if not fluently.

My profession has taken me over the globe and I have seen many, many 5 star hotels and I can say that Nuca Pacha is a gem and the atmosphere is something those fancy hotels could never offer...I love that!

Kevin Haughton

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank kevin h
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Nucapacha has a nice pool as well as a good equipped kitchen with free drinking water (Guayaquil is very hot so you have to drink a lot!). They serve a decent breakfast. The staff always gave me good information. I used Guayaquil as base to explore the south of Ecuador and left some of my stuff in their storeroom for some days, without problems or charge. The hostel is loacated in a nice and safe neighbourhood, just the bus connections are not that good, because after 20.00 no buses leave to Urdesa anymore, neither from the bus terminal nor from the city center.
But all in all a very good hostel!

Room Tip: Take a bed in front of the fan, it's very hot at night!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Oscar T
Reviewed 17 December 2014

This place was recommended to me by airport information desk and only a $5 taxi ride away to a nice peaceful neighborhood of restaurants and markets. The poolside bar sold really cheap beers and many were using their laptops on the poolside patio. There also was a computer available inside. I had a private room upstairs with a bath and it was very comfortable. There were kitchen
and laundry facilities and breakfast was served in the morning out on the patio. Front desk was helpful and spoke perfect English. They called me a cab to go into the city and also to go back to the airport. $5 taxi would get you anywhere you needed to go.
I would highly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2014

first off, i chose this hostel for its location, i was meeting someone nearby and this was the only one in that area.
that being said, its not bad at all,for what you pay. it was my first hostel in ecuador, but i slowly learned that almost no hostel will have hot water, unless you pay a lot.
the breakfast was decent, as was the wifi, and pool area. i only spent one night so cant comment on the social aspect. there were defintely a lot of tips and information in english hanging on the walls. my only complaint was the lack of english speaking staff. granted, it was really late when i came in, and the next morning, the receptionist was a little bit better.
altogether, if you dont care being away from the town center, this is a good enough placve. but there are more lively hostels in guayaquil as well...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo