All reviewsprivate roommonkeyshostelshowermarketplaza
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Pros: big rooms, place is very clean, excellent kitchen which many people socialise in the evenings, toiletrees and towels included, helpful staff, excellent value for money overall.

Cons: bed a little small, a little bit run down and an old building.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Henry L
Reviewed 29 January 2017

We stayed for one night enroute to the Colombian border. Excellent staff in a quirky hostel. Good facilities, comfy bed, great night sleep. Staff were able to help and assist our plans for onward travel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thehazelnuts
Reviewed 21 January 2017

The staff is fantastic. The owner is incredibly kind and caring. I got sick while I was there and he personally took me to a doctor, then took me to a lab for blood tests, then to a pharmacy to fill prescriptions. He even bought me food to take with the meds! After that, he put me back to bed. He knocked on the door every time I had to take my medicine, made sure I ate a half hour before medicine time. The man was amazingly kind and helpful

The hostel is kept spotlessly clean and neat. The whole staff is very friendly and helpful. You really could not ask for more in a hostel. There is a great common area and kitchen.

If you are going to Otavalo. The Flying Donkey is the place to stay. It is also conveniently located, a few blocks from the bus station

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank yola40714
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Wonderful service, pleasant and clean rooms, and very friendly staff! The hostal decor is unique and all around really cool to look at. In all of the hallways are also filled with creative art which was also a nice bonus. The hostal is located at a walking distance of Otavalo’s main attractions such as Plaza de Ponchos Market. I also found beautiful colonial style churches and a variety of great restaurants within a two to three block radius. Paul the owner and his staff are experts in the area and further into Ecuador. He also provided us with information about popular tourists sites and how much a taxi would cost us. My family and I visited Otavalo, Ecuador recently in December 2016. We had an amazing time and staying at The Flying Donkey Hostal made the experience all that more amazing!
Mark, Patricia and Rocio Bisgrove

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank babypatricia
Reviewed 5 December 2016

The staff was really helpful and spent a great deal of time telling me what my options were and how to get around Otavalo without spening too much money or wasting time. Highly recommend that you stay here and that you ask for advice at the front desk before heading out to explore the city.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo