Rainforest Lodge(Cape Coast)
US$47
Hotel Loreto(Cape Coast)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$23
Oasis Beach Resort(Cape Coast)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$20
  • Beachfront
Marrets International(Cape Coast)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$47
US$16
Jumia Travel
  • Restaurant
Eden Lodge(Cape Coast)(Great Value!)
US$17
Ridge Royal Hotel(Cape Coast)
US$136
Brenu Beach Lodge(Cape Coast)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$85
Hotels.com
Ko-Sa Beach Resort(Cape Coast)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here because our Ghanaian friends wouldn't let us stay at the first hotel we booked (that's another story...) We were a bit desperate having arrived in Cape Coast late at night so decided on this place to avoid having to cab around looking for something else. The price was unbelievable for what they offered. I have been visiting and working Ghana for the past 7 years so am well aware of that hotels can be very expensive for no apparent reason in the main tourist areas. However, this was by far the worst. The only saving grace was the view in the morning. Other than that, the room was filthy with hair on the towels and black mould in the bath tub, the AC was noisy, the pool grimy, hallways dark with stained carpets, TV didn't work. It is the first place I have stayed in Ghana (in all my trips) that we changed the sheets to our own... We felt completely ripped off after paying around $80USD for 1 night. I can tolerate a lot and could have done without a TV, pool etc but the state of the bathroom and room was not excusable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank 12345traveller123454
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I had a horrible stay at the Sanaa Lodge. When we first arrived the presentation was terrible. Everybody thought we were at a rest stop. The pool water was merky. After climbing several flights of stairs due to the fact that there wasn't an elevator at the hotel, we finally got to our rooms. The bed was as hard as a rock aand we were literatly sleeping on box springs. The air-conditioner kept going off and we had to keep reseting it every 20 minutes. The refrigerator was broken and the website says that they have 30 free cable channels but we only had 2. In the tub, there were bugs crawling out of the cracks and when your in the bathroom when you neighbor is you can hear and see them use the bathroom through the suwage pipe hole.The internet cafe only had one computer and it doesn't even work. They lie about the fitness center online because there is none. the roosters wake you up and you can't sleep, and all the food there is extremely SALTY!!!!!! All i had for breakfast there was bread, butter, and instant coffee. The water in the tub is ice cold so it was hard to take a shower. They had an okay bar right beside the merky pool. I had a horrible time here would not reccomend it for anybody. If you want to make your stay here a little better, the Josephine is your girl. She was very polite and friendly but just because one person is nice doesn't mean it was a good stay. This hotel should probably be rated below 50 stars because they sure don't deserve one. I had a terrible time and if i ever go back to Cape Coast, Ghana I sure won't be staying there.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in the 2nd room on the left of the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank TravelerGirl3201
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Sanaa Lodge is in serious need of upgrade. In the first room that I was assigned the air conditioning was not working. In the next room, the refigerator and the toilet were not working. The toilet was eventually fixed but I still didnt have a working refigerator during my stay there. The air conditioner was on an automatic 20 minute timer. So one has to reset the a/c ever 20 minutes which I assume was set up that way to save electricity- but it was definitely annoying. The bed was not the most comfortable but it was ok for my short stay. And there was a 12-13 inch television in the room with only 2 channels. There is a business centre downstairs near the lobby area but it was not working during my stay. The room was ok for one night, but if I was staying in Cape Coast any longer than that I would have changed hotels. On a more positive note- The room was clean and the hotel was in walking distance to the beach!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank jrich00
Reviewed 22 December 2010

The location is not completely ideal, it provides a beautiful view of ocean depending on your room location, but on a hill partly isolated from the coast itself.

The hotel itself was under slight renovations when we arrived, but what was finalized was more than adequate for our needs. The pool looked pristine, which was bounded by a cozy bar. The food from the restaurant was nothing short of delicious. The staff was extremely friendly and very easy to engage in conversation.

During the time of our arrival, there did not appear to be many guest at the hotel, so I can’t address if it is a good place to meet people, but this did allow us to cultivate a more intimate and personal relationship with the people that did reside at the hotel.

The rooms were relatively plain: contained a bed, desk, and air conditioner. The rooms seemed very clean. The bathroom was a bit small, but contained hot water. The internet connection in the hotel lobby was pretty slow.

There appears to be high potential for this location in the future, currently it is a very fine place to spend an evening after touring the Elimina Castle, or the Kakum. Not full of frills, but the Sanaa Lodge provided for a comfortable night stay.

• Stayed: November 2010
5  Thank pghodysseus
Reviewed 19 February 2009

I cannot understand this hotel's top rating in the Lonely Planet guide. It overlooks the beach, yes, but over a kilometer of hangar rooftops and dug up empty lots. The hotel is clean, but our door to the balcony did not open, half of the lights did not work, the internet connection was iffy at best. At breakfast time the staff had the radio on ultra loud, and when we requested it be turned down, it was by the merest bit. At other times young men who seem to be locals working or not in the hotel were unceremoniously draped over the sofas in the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple