Anthony's Key Resort
US$120
US$102
Puerta Azul(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$130
Blue Bahia Resort(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$94
US$75
Roatan Backpackers' Hostel(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$26
  • Pool
US$69
Pirates Den Hotel(Roatan)(Great Value!)
US$64
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Cocolobo(West End)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$95
  • Breakfast included
1,239 results
All reviewsdolphin encountershark divesnack shopboat captainhorseback ridingfishdolphin campsuperior roomsnorkel packagesoup or saladdive shopfiesta nightcactus juicemain islandmedical clinicnight divegreat diving
Reviewed 13 January 2009

I work for Caribbean Travel + Life magazine and have stayed at several "dive" hotels, but this one stood out from the rest. You'll enjoy the casualties and the luxuries of the property. This is definitely a place for, divers, dolphin lovers and eco friendly tourists. And you’ll feel safe knowing they have a clinic on property. I can’t say enough about this fabulous dive resort!!! Thumbs up to AKR.

Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank dsmith82
Reviewed 10 January 2009

Anthony's Key Resort is a real divers resort offering all in packages including unlimited diving and meals. The resort is located at the west side of the island close to west end which has some nice bars. A taxi would get you there in 6 minutes. The pros: beautiful location with superior cabins located on a little key close to the mainland. A boatservice gets you over. Diving is professional and the package is a good deal offering you a lot of diving for a reasonable price. Boots are big and all equipment is good. They also have dolphins in the resort where you can snorkel or dive with or have an encounter. Although it is one of the nicest dolphin encounters I have seen and far better than the ones offered in Mexico around Playa del Carmen, it does feel a bit like a tourist trap. Every morning busloads of cruisepassangers are dropped of. Also positive: Most people in the resort are divers so it was nice and quite at the pool. My husband is a diver at was very happy with the dives he made.The negs: the food is very basic, don't expect any high cuisine but rice and beans kind of stuff. The cabins: we had a superior cabin (nr 21) overlooking the bay and the mainland with a private deck over the water. Definitaly book a superior cabin unless you like bugs, heat and are the survival type. The basic cabins don't have airco, and some of them are located on the hills between the forest - bugs garanteed. Also the superior cabins are very different in terms of location: some of them very good others are on the cay between the bushes and hardly have a view. Some cabins have a private deck, others have to share the deck with 1 or 2 other cabins. Overall we had a nice vacation and with the offer "second at half price" that we booked, we felt we got value for money.

Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank bZita
Reviewed 12 December 2008

Great diving, food, staff, boats and room. I really liked the fish presentation, and will be back to the resort again in 2009.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2008

This is a wonderful place to stay, plenty to do and the food is great! We stayed in an overwater hut and you don’t realize from the web site just how big the bungalow is, huge! We had two queen size beds, a large dressing room and an over sized bathroom. It was very romantic and many evenings were spent on our deck watching the dolphins and sunset.
Let’s talk about the diving, well planned out, careful and lots to see. I was glad safety was a number one concern, yet if you wanted to go off on your own you could. Dive your limits!! Wrecks, coral and fish, what more could you ask for.
This is not your plain old dive resort, not only do they feed you, take you diving, give you a 4 star bungalow, but you also get entertainment to keep you on your toes. Dolphins to visit any time you want, shore diving, swimming in a pool and beach swimming, snorkeling, horseback riding, kayaking, and the BBQ on Wednesday, and a trip to a private island to spend half a day eating swimming, snorkeling and hiking.
This vacation is made for any level of diver and non diver. See you at Anthony’s again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank diver01
Reviewed 10 December 2008

In August myself and 10 friends spent a week at AKR. I travel the Carib frequently and have been to the Bay Islands many times although this was my first stay at AKR. The problems with this trip started 9 months prior when we booked for the group. We requested and paid for all over the water units. I paid the premium price as a single for one of the rooms and when I arrived I was put in a unit that was outdated and not over the water. On top of that the view was of a swampy area that had trash floating around in the roots of the mangroves.

There were two beds in the room, I had requested a queen or a king and it had two singles. One of the beds was unusable it was so uncomfortable, so I suppose it was a good thing that there were two beds.

The dining situation was poor at best, the service was non existent and the food was of medicore quality. It got to the point that my friends and I would order two meals apiece to make sure that we had enough food. On the 3rd day the members of our group started getting sick. By the end of the week every one in the group was ill from either the water or the food. We were not sure which.

As for the dive op, it was ok. Efficient and orderly and the staff was pleasant. The down side was our divemaster. A nice enough fellow but his diving style was to get in the water and swim as fast as you can for 10 minutes, then turn around and go back to the boat where we could swim around under the boat for the rest of our dive or get out of the water. Our avg bottom time was 35 to 40 minutes. This is for a group of experienced divers that dive together frequently and our typical bottom time on most dives would be from an hour to an hour and ten minutes.

Towards the end of the trip we were instructed by the dive master to meet back at the boat on the last day so that we could pay him his tip. He wanted the tip in cash given to him directly.

For the money this place is way overpriced. When I stayed here I had just spent a week at another resort down the way and spent a third of the price for a much better experience.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends