Puerta Azul
US$540
US$524
  • Breakfast included
Blue Bahia Resort(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$104
Pirates Den Hotel(Roatan)(Great Value!)
US$59
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
US$59
Cocolobo(West End)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon Resort(Roatan)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
Hotel Los Corales(West End)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelocity
Mayoka Lodge(Sandy Bay)
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsblue doormangrove tourevery morningcharming b bvaulted woodprivate beach frontoceanfront bungalowwest endmodern cabinsdelicious breakfast and dinnergreat chefamazing homeunforgettable vacationevery guestbed and breakfastsecluded beachpaddle boards and kayaks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

The beachside property is immaculate and the dock is fun to jump or wade off using floats. Talia, the host, is super knowledgeable about the island and gives great recommendations for activities and food. The location is close to the west end where there are plenty of bars, restaurants and dive spots. The rooms are very clean and the food is handmade by Talia, who happens to be a great chef. Both the property and host work hand-in-hand to provide an overall excellent experience. I would 10/10 recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I cannot say enough good things about the location and people at Puerta Azul. It seems like Talia knows everybody on the island and the best ways to connect to so many amazing experiences. However, with all that Roatan has to offer, the best part of Puerta Azul is being able to come back to (or just spend all your time at) a secluded patch of the of the Caribbean. My family and I watched more than one sunset from the dock with just about the entire Sandy Bay to ourselves. Moreover, because the bay is protected, I saw basically all of the same sea life snorkeling in the reef off the dock as I did over two Scuba dives in other parts of the island. The food was fantastic and the entire place feels very much more like a home than a hotel. Book and go. I'm so glad that we did!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bkizzl
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Just returned from a week at Puerta Azul (myself, my husband, our 3 year old and baby). I can't say enough wonderful things about the place. The rooms are gorgeous. Talia is a wonderful host and cooks delicious breakfast and dinner. The beach is quiet and there is great snorkeling right off of the dock. While we were there, Talia arranged a driver to take us around the island (including to the sloth excursion which was a huge hit with our kids). We hope to be able to return soon!

Room Tip: Non beach facing rooms are larger
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We had a truly wonderful stay at Puerta Azul. The location is perfectly situated just outside the crazy congestion of West End, although when you want to go there you can easily do it in a few minutes and a $2 taxi ride. But the tranquil beauty of Puerta Azul is untouched by the crowds. Puerta Azul is excellently managed, and Talia was so very helpful with advice on great places to go and even arranged a rental car for a day when we wanted to explore the Eastern part of the island.
However if you wanted to you could easily spend a week right there at Puerta Azul. The reef is an easy swim from the end of their dock, and the snorkeling is great. They have masks, snorkels, and fins available as well as paddle boards and kayaks. At the end of their long private dock they have a thatched roof raised deck with hammocks. You haven’t lived until you experience a tropical rainstorm while laying in a hammock way out over the crystal blue and aqua water, and waves crashing on the reef a hundred yards away!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Puerta Azul for a week at the end of January beginning of February. Talia arranged a taxi to pick us up from the airport. The driver was extremely nice and took us to the supermarket on the way to Puerta Azul. It is about a 15 minute drive from the airport.

Upon arrival we were met by Augusta, who helped us get settled. We were in the second cabana on the left in front of the beach. The rooms are so cozy. There was a queen sized bed and a twin bed, a safe, plenty of space to set up your personal belongings, always fresh water available to drink or brush your teeth, a hammock and seating on the porch outside and the iconic blue door leading to the dock.

The snorkeling was superb here and Puerta Azul is located near a prime diving spot called Spooky Channel.

We absolutely loved our stay. We had dinners made by Talia and Augusta and they were delicious. I really like that they keep a running tab and you can pay it all at once at the end of your trip, that was convenient. The warm breakfast each morning was something we looked forward to.

We caught a fish on one of our boating trips and we were able to use the little kitchen area to make dinner one night and Talia used the fish to cook us dinner another night.

I had done lots of research on my own to decide our itinerary, but Talia and Augusta were both extremely knowledgeable and helpful with any questions that I had. I’m sure had I known nothing it would have been quite fine because they were helpful. There are kyacks and paddle boards available. Aracelys was our cleaning lady and she even did our laundry two times. She was so great!

Ultimately you could stay here your entire trip and have everything you need right here. It is a prime location.

We love Puerta Azul and we will be back, hopefully with friends next time!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple