Sueno Del Mar Resort
Mr. Tucan Hotel(West End)(Great Value!)
US$76
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$74
Sea Breeze Inn(West End)(Great Value!)
US$40
  • Restaurant
Posada Arco Iris(West End)(Great Value!)
US$69
Hostel La Buena Onda(West End)(Great Value!)
US$35
Cocolobo(West End)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments(West End)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$49
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
US$49
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
The Beach House(West End)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstita's pink seahorsebetween divesplay volleyballdive shopdive staffevery morningbeach bar grillrooms were cleaned dailynoisy at nightminute walkwater taxilaid backrecommend this resortdive trippeace and quietsmall resortcomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Sueno del Mar was just what we wanted - a great escape with real hospitality. Ray is a great host and the staff made our stay feel like we were hanging with family but yet experiencing a luxurious stay on the beachfront. No high pressure tourist gig - we felt like we were staying and being guided to the best snorkeling Ive ever experienced by close friends. Apart from the late nite music from neighboring clubs I have no reservations in recommending. T

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I just wanted to write a quick review of this location. Ray the owner is a laid back guy, owns some very cool dogs, makes a good breakfast, has someone show up on time to pick you up, honest, will help you if he can type of guy. Thanks for your hospitality!
Katie and Beth

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank outennis
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is a great "Dive" resort. Not a Four Seasons. We did 14 dives in 5 - days. Almost every dive was better than any of the dives in Cozumel. Nicer reef, more fish, more color..fun dives. We had the best Dive Master that I have had in my short diving career and we came back from the vacation with alot of great memories. We didn't have any moldy pillows or sheets. Actually...compared to the Blue Angel dive resort in Cozumel the king size bed was a bit of an upgrade. I too was curious about the attitude of Ray, the owner, but what one person may characterize as indifferent, another would say is just "super laid back". Within the first hour that i arrived i had numerous gripes about the condition of different things around the property. Traveling for 7 or more hours tends to do that to guys from a major US city. I typically bring some of my stressful work along for the trip for the first few days. I talked to my dive buddy and told him if we wanted to have a nice week we better lighten up. I mean this is a really BARGAIN vacation for what you get. A private room, breakfast each day, dive boat with captain and dive master for an unbelievably inexpesive price. For almost all the dives we had Stuart as a divemaster. Stuart is a former firefighter from Canada. His last name is Morgan and he does a morning radio show under the name of "Captain Morgan" hehe, Henry Morgan was a Pirate that called Roatan one of his bases in the 17th century. Stuart is also a rough talking, tough walking man who you immediately trust as having his act together when it comes to diving. Noobs and experienced divers alike will enjoy his humorous tour of the reef. We had numerous swim-throughs and a few small caves. After swimming in one cave we came to the top of the reef to see the bubbles we left coming up almost like reverse rain underwater! Cool! This was the first time in my life that i actually belly laughed under water. Numerous Times! One of my best memories of the trip is that Stuart tought me how to spear Lion Fish. I got one on my first try. I then missed the next 5 in a row. The next best thing was coming in for lunch and having the lovely Tita make Lion Fish Ceviche for me at the resort beach bar. OMG was that great! Tita's cooking rocked all week. You should get a spear and learn how to hunt the Lion Fish. They are eating everything and don't have any predators in these waters so it is your duty to cull them.
This is not a resort for most young lovers or those looking for a romantic get-away. We saw a shark, rays, turtles, lobsters, eels, crabs and i got to swim with a pod of 15 dolphins that decided to hang out by our boat one day. This is a fun place for people who like to have 5-minute boat rides to every dive. After the 8:30 dive you come back to the resort for a brief surface interval and then go out for the 11:00 dive. You come back for lunch at the beach bar or walk down the sand beach either way for your choice of 6-8 good places to eat. Fosters is owned by a Southern Gent named Andy, We had a fantastic homemade pizza on Monday night watching football on the 55" big screen. it took an hour but it was well worth it.
Across the street is Rick's cigar bar. i had a few really nice cubans with some decent scotch there during my visit. FYI - Most places including the resort don't take travelers checks. Bring cash. I brought down $600 in $5s $200 in ones and $300 in twenties. I had money left after the week was over. T-shirts at the t-shirt shop are like $8. Beers are $2 just about everywhere and lunch and dinner were all reasonable. The Lobster Pot 100 yards west of the resort had great food. If you get tired of Ray's breakfasts,,,,they have great omelets, french toast and pancakes for breakfast. We had dinner there one night and i had a great fillet of grouper with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. Do take some type of bug oils.
the sand flys were pretty sneaky. Each night was capped off with drinks at Tita's Pink Seahorse beach bar. She makes a Monkey LALA (mudslide) that is damn tasty. What a nice relaxing and fun bargain vacation. I will be going back to Roatan and Sueno again.

If you have any questions...let me know and I will try my best to answer. mzarnott@yahoo.com

Room Tip: the rooms are all good all overlooking the water.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AirSuckerMike
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Upon walking up to the place, it looked in disrepair, the website was not an accurate depiction of the place. It looked abandoned and run down. We checked in and were greeted by an indifferent owner and indifferent employees. When we got to our room it smelled, the deck had a rusty fan, dry-rotted broken wood chairs and peeling paint. There were dead swatted mosquitoes on the walls. We headed out for some cocktails and dinner and returned later in the evening to go to bed. Upon getting into bed, it smelled moldy. I pulled the pillows out of their casings and all of them had black mold growing on them. As the place does not have an attended desk, I walked out to the bar on the beach and the had the bar tenders key additional rooms to find us pillows without mold. After replacing them, the sheets and beds still smelled moldy. We left first thing in the morning after a horrible night's sleep. I told the owner of our issues, he apologized and offered another room, but still seemed indifferent as if he really didn't care and didn't want to be there. There was no way I was going diving with these people. This place needs to shut down, invested in, made over and then re-opened under management that has higher standards of quality and service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Traveteran
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We booked the Sueno Del Mar by emailing Ray and using their PayPal account - which was very quick and efficient. We were picked up at the airport. Upon arrival we were given the downstairs room nearest the Beach Bar which was nice, but we wanted somewhere a bit more secluded. We asked Ray, the owner, about moving to an upstairs room and he happily moved us. I would recommend asking for an upstairs room.

The Sueno Del Mar has a private beach with volley ball court, bar and pier. The views from our balcony were amazing. Breakfast was all together in Ray's Open Plan Kitchen/Living space which we found to be enjoyable. Pancakes and chatting with other guests.

We made use of the complementary snorkelling and kayaking equipment on an almost daily basis. We rarely got a wifi signal in our room but this wasn't to much of an issue for us.

We are not divers so I can't comment on that aspect, but we had an amazing time here.

Room Tip: Upstairs is better.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple