All reviews free kayaks beach chairs argentinian grill grocery store next door this place is a gem sister property plants and trees felt safe the entire time half moon bay would recommend this hotel to anyone table chairs jungle setting office staff right next door private bathroom the main drag rooms are comfortable
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I stayed here for the week, while scuba diving just down the street. As a solo female traveler, I always think about how far I might have to walk to things after dark, and will I feel safe. Price very reasonable by any standards! I think I paid approx $50/night.
This location is right at the edge of town, so it's quiet enough to not be stressful, yet close enough to things to not feel isolated.
The majority of rooms are behind the restaurant and office, and once you go up the path, all the street and restaurant noise just vanishes. Seriously. There are birds and natural noises. Didn't notice any problems with dogs barking, which can be an issue in some parts of town. There are a couple rooms right by the restaurant, and not sure about those, but either of the two buildings behind the office would be fine.

Be aware this island is tropical. It WILL be humid. You WILL be sweaty nearly all the time. I'd recommend telling the office you want the AirCon option (they charge a few dollars more/night, but give you the control for the machine). It only took me 5 minutes in the room upon arrival to decide that. Also the screens in the room were hand made wood frames and don't fit totally flush to the window, so mosquitoes could get in. Thus, I shut my windows at night and turned on the AirCon Electricity is expensive in the tropics, so you will seek out fans during the day, or sit where you can catch a breeze, but don't plan to run your AirCon in your room unless you're actually staying in the room, such as when you come back to settle in for the night. Good news is, you can get a shower whenever you want! :)
The rooms are nestled within trees and foliage and you feel you are in a tropical rain forest. And they have 2-3 cute little native rabbit type things that you will often see around the plants (they look like big, tailless, brown rats, but they are sort of a rabbit, so no need to be scared).
There are towels in the bathroom, but for the beach/boat you DO need to bring your own, or go buy one at Woody's Grocery store next door (just a couple dollars, but it shed fuzz since I couldn't wash it first).
If you don't want to have to buy lots of little bottles of water, ask the office staff for the large 4-5 gallon jug of water they can put in your room. However, there are no dispensers. You can buy an plastic pump to put on the jug, again at Woody's Grocery next door. For 90 Lempira (a little less than $4). I just refilled my own water bottle from that all week.
Woody's store has most things you'd forget at home, or find you need once you arrive, including simple OTC and even some things we can only get by prescription at home.
(The pharmacy in town has lots of items, and it seems you don't need a prescription for most of it, so check there for anything you need, before seeking out a doctor).

Can use cash or credit card at Woody's, and at many places.
Can use US dollars or Lempira all over the island, for any purpose. ATM machine by the pharmacy only charges 60 Lempira ($2.50) per transaction, no matter how much money you get out, so get larger amounts out each time so you save extra transaction fees. I've heard you shouldn't get cash after dark because there's a risk of being mugged.
REALLY IMPORTANT--if you bring US dollars, make sure they are not dirty, marked up, too wrinkly, and ESPECIALLY no tears along the edges. Your bills will be rejected by vendors because they can't take torn bills to the bank.

The hotel does not have individual safes, but will hold your passport and whatever you want in the owner's safe. You just have to notify them at least a few hours in advance of wanting to get stuff out.

They have free Wifi, but I had to log back in every time I wanted to do anything.
Had trouble with the hotel's wifi, but the restaurant's wife would come up as a choice and I would just use that instead (have to get the username and password).

Overall, I would definitely stay here the next time.
By the way, I walked out to the point where CocoLobo and Seagrape Plantation were. Nice places out there (including other places out there, such as the other Posada location), but nearly another 10 min hot walk past this hotel, and quite isolated. Nothing much going on out there, only one restaurant, and felt a bit creepy to me when I was by myself, which was still during the daytime. Wouldn't recommend for a solo female after dark (which comes early). Better for couples. Oh, and they lost power a couple times when we hadn't lost power in town. No power equals no fans/no Aircon, and no cold drinks!

Room tip: Any room up behind the office. be sure and plan on requesting the air-conditioner option for whatever room you book.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Sandra V
Reviewed 18 May 2017

My room was near the office but set off enough, I felt as though it was very private. The room was very large with fan and aircon. The mattress is very comfortable! The hotel is directly across the street from a sandy beach and very close walking distance to the main street attractions. Although there is a restaurant at the hotel, I did not eat there. I would stay in this hotel again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Arco Iris in April and found it to be satisfactory. The location is great, behind Argentinian grill a little past the busy part of West End. The beach right across the street is pretty nice although there's a lot of sand flies. Hotel provided 12% discount if you eat at their restaurant, although I'd recommend eating at the AG in west bay. Hotel also provides free kayaks and beach chairs. The rooms are very rustic and bare. They really need to buy some new pillows though. Nothing fancy, the maids do a good job cleaning them daily, although they really need a good thorough clean as my pictures show. Overall, you get what you pay for if you choose to stay here.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Posada Arco Iris for 2 weeks and loved it. Karolina was amazing as was the maid service. It was located right across the beach, next to a grocery store and conveniently to everything in town. Highly recommend this place.

Jodie and friends, Canada

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2017

My friend and I visited West End in January of 2017. The hotel we initially booked from the states turned out to be awful and we moved. We just walked down the main road of West End and stumbled upon this hotel. And it was very close to the dive shop we were using, Sun Divers. We walked in and were met by Carolina. We explained our predicament and Carolina was wonderfully helpful and accommodating. She showed us a very nice, quiet, two bedroom apartment. We took it on the spot. It was perfect. It had a full kitchen, really good water pressure and was a very reasonable price. The accompanying restaurant, Argentinian Grill is good and the staff is very friendly. I highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: January 2017