At least the only one we found. Separate entrance on the right hand side of the main hotel, the Ice Bar is not entirely pitch black for once and we visited several times before going on to eat down in the town. There are steps up to the hotel from where the bus's all stop or you can walk the long way round via the road past all the tuk tuks.
The interior is quite plain but the staff are friendly and you can also order food. Largely tourists drinking and they also do takeouts (though we understand there is an off-license elsewhere in town which would most likely be cheaper). There is a decent choice of cold beer (and spirits). All in all a very pleasent place to drink. Clean toilets too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issacs Residency (classified and approved by the Department of Tourism, Govt of India) a premium three-star hotel in Munnar will surely be a pleasant hideout for any who is looking for a premium accommodation in Munnar. It is situated on a hillock overlooking the picturesque town of Munnar. Issacs Residency also provides a breathtaking view of rolling hills above and its location has the right ambience to rejuvenate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Isaac's Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isaac`s Residency Hotel Munnar
- Isaac's Residency Munnar, Kerala