“Very Good”

Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A cool and hip road side restaurant where you can indulge yourself with creative flavours of the world. A wide range of delicious sandwiches and other goodies during daytime. An exciting list of small plates,starters and main courses during the night. A nice bar environment with fine wines,cocktails and spirits.
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We ordered the cheese platter
And the lamb platter, house olives and lemongrass vanilla ice cream with mango and honeycomb
Lovely fresh cheeses , succulent lamb,
And the ice cream olalaaa
Will be returning

joyceed, Owner at Red Snapper, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

We are looking forward to your return,but please take note that we are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the low season.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Cant believe this is not higher up on the list than this. People should really look them self's in the mirror after posting nonsense reviews. Red Snapper is one of the best restaurants on the island and have been so for many many years. Always high class, both on the service and especially on the food. Keep doing what you always have done.

1  Thank newfoodexp
joyceed, Owner at Red Snapper, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thanks a lot for your nice words.
And don't be afraid,we will be continue doing what we do,it gives us and a lot of people great pleasure.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and I only had a few of the "small bites" from the menu here as we are on a budget and the menu is a little pricey but my God the food was absolutely stunning. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, the quality of the food is brilliant.
Good vegetarian options :)

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Located on the main road, the design of this restaurant is a bit strange, looking like an arty hospital or college restaurant.
The menu is interesting, you could see that there is some passion and creativity.

We ordered the salmon steak, and an Australian rib-eye beef steak, the most expensive dish on the menu.

Presentation was great, and the side dishes (mixed salad and roasted potatoes) were good.

I also had some stuffed jalapeños peppers and a small amount of sauce on the side, both were very tasty.

The only problem was that my (too) thin steak was well-done, when i ordered it medium-rare.

I told that to the waitress, who then called the manager (i had to explain once again), who then called the cook (i had to explain for the third time).
The Chef who is also the boss, a farang lady, offered me to cook another one.
I declined, as i already ate a part of the steak, i was hungry, and the taste was good. I just wanted to let her know for the further customers.

I later ordered coffee and grappa, and there were both removed from the bill, thank you for that.

It was our last meal in Koh Lanta, so we had no possibility to come back, but if i visit this island again, i would return there with pleasure, to try another dish.

The location, the atmosphere, the service are not bad, but don't deserve a 5 star rating.
And even there was a mistake with the cooking of my steak, i'm gonna rate 5 stars because you can feel that the cook is really interested by food, the flavours and the ingredients are not basic, and the boss reacted with the right attitude regarding her mistake.

1  Thank Dimitri D
joyceed, Owner at Red Snapper, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thanks a lot for your accurate and honest review and again sorry for overcooking your rib eye,I still remember that night,believe me or not,I'm beating myself up harder over it then anybody can image,but like everywhere,mistakes can happen,more then glad to know that you are more then willing to come back when visiting our lovely little island.
And please,when you do,pass by the kitchen and say hello,if you mention your the overcooked rib eye guy from table 13 I will do my best to prove that number 13 is not always an unlucky number.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We ordered Ribeye steak, Hot goat cheese salad and Quesadilla. These dishes are amazing down there! The prices is quite expensive but worth it! In this restaurant kitchen is running by place owners. Thanks for the nice dinner! We will back for sure.