“Perfect day!”

Kon-Tiki Diving & Snorkeling Center - Lanta
Ranked #5 of 37 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Kon-Tiki is an award winning diving and snorkeling center where involvement is the key theme. Awards: In 2008, PADI and Project AWARE awarded Kon-Tiki Thailand with the prestigious ”PADI/Project AWARE Marine Environmental Award” and in 2009 we were among the three finalist 2009. In 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009, Project AWARE has awarded Kon-Tiki Thailand with the “Project AWARE Environmental Award”. We are the only dive center in the world who has been awarded this for 4 years in a row. 2012 we got an award for “Outstanding Contribution to the Diving Industry”. Our key values: CARE – KNOWLEDGE – SAFETY is evident in everything we do. Care: Since we live to show people the wonders of our seas, we feel that it is crucial that we take responsibility for how we interact with that environment. This includes minimizing wear and tear of these fragile environments, but also educating ourselves and our customers, about how we can be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem. The value of caring is also relevant in all interrelationships between staff, guests and people we interact with. It is a basis from which we try to operate at all times.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Solna, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect day!”
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Snorkeling and diving with Kon-tiki Koh Lanta - the perfect way to spend the day!
It has been great every year - you are the best!
Thanks :DD

Long Beach, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experince!”
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Kon-Tiki was everything I hoped it would be! With much skepticism prior to booking, since it was my first time ever trying to scuba dive...Kon-Tiki really went above and beyond to make my experience truly memorable. The staff was great and they really made sure I was comfortable and had an understanding of all my equipment and how everything worked. The food was great (breakfast and lunch) the dive sights were incredible, I really have nothing bad to say about it. I would recommend Kon-Tiki whether you are an experienced diver or a first timer!

Visited December 2010
1 Thank Daveyell
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional organization”
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Did a discover dive with a couple of buddies here in December. The entire crew from kon-tiki were amazing. From the store, to the pickup, the boat and the entire adventure everything was done professionally. I couldnt ask for a better experience. Id recommend them to anyone looking to dive in Ko Lanta.

Visited December 2010
2 Thank RussianDoc
Stockholm, Sweden
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Excellent diving and snorkling @Koh Lanta!”
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I've just come home with my family from a week on Koh Lanta. And we can definitly recommend Kon-Tiki if you want to dive there. The intructors were really good and spent a lot of time not only on the actual diving necessities but also of making sure tha you had a good time, really got a clue an what kind of fish you saw and all that.
We went out twice with them. Once to Koh Haa (six small islands less than two hours from Saladan, Koh Lanta) and once to Koh Bida ( two small islands right south of Koh Phi Phi Ley. a bit closer to Saladan than Koh Haa). Both spots offered a lot of speices. Koh Haa had a bit better visibility, but both were good. We saw sharks in both places. But they were bigger and more numerous both in numbers and species at Koh Bida. At Koh Haa there is also a really cool cave.
And then we have the boat with its Thai crew! Perfect logistics, always a helping hand, softdriks, fruit, and coffee avaliable at all times. Really good lunch, pancakes on the way back. If/when we go back to Koh Lanta we will be back at Kon-Tiki!

They seem to handle quite a lot of languages. Apart form English the at least handled Swedish, German, French and Spanish. One of my kids had an open Water certificate during the week and tha worked well. Even though this was not a snorkling excursion a guy in the Thai crew spent time snorkling with me and my youngest to make sure that we really saw the sharks. My husband an my to eldest children had three divin instructors during the two days. All of them were very good.

1 Thank Sea-mew