“Expensive & typical targeted to Chinese”
Review of Kaw Kwang Seafood

Kaw Kwang Seafood
Ranked #67 of 402 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Most prices are calculated based on weight, the cooking style are typically Chinese based favor, staff not understanding English but speak fluent Chinese (Mandarin), what a shock to me!

Food are decent, and I personally felt is too heavy with oil, also be careful of insects specially Red Ants.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Out of the main town but well worth the visit, great tasty food at reasonable price, only beer, wine and soft drinks served but not a problem

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

This little seafood shop off the main road in Koh Lanta is out of this world! It was about a 20 minute walk from the Crown Lanta along a heavily used roadway. When we got there I wasn’t sure if we were in the right place as it was packed with locals— however the personnel were super friendly and welcomed us in to a nice table by the water.

While our server spoke excellent English not many others seemed to. But that was fine— everyone else was very helpful and the busboy even directed me to where all the fresh seafood was (on ice) so I could select our snapper and prawns.

Per our servers recommendation I had the massive prawns steamed in lemon ginger. While spicy the server made sure to clarify what type of spicy I was looking for (spicy but not Thai spicy). My boyfriend got the snapper grilled, and we got vegetarian egg rolls (his pick) and vegetarian pad see ew. Everything was excellent but the prawns and the fish were out of this world. So fresh, perfectly prepared, and generous portions.

While it’s not Street food prices it’s very fair— we paid $1000 BAHT for 4 dishes, rice, a large leo, and a couple bottles waters.

And to top it off- the restaurant provides you with a complimentary tuktuk home.

The only word of caution id offer is mosquitoes love this place too. While the restaurant had coils out, I’d suggest a spray of deet or other insect repellent beforehand.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My friend and I dined here 3 out of 4 nights while in Koh Lanta. Service and food are both excellent.

Meal highlights: Tom Kha Kai soup, any fresh fish (get it grilled), and the mango juice.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Was the first one here sunset during our trip here. Great meal, but a bit on the high side. Nice views off the coast and pretty good service.