“Amazing Vegetarian Restaurant ”

Kunda Vegan Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #2 of 337 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Trust the chef, she knows BEST! The FIRST 100% Vegan and Vegetarian Cafe / Restaurant on Koh Lanta since 2011. You really must come and experience KUNDA. Healthy daily fresh home made cuisine. Amazing Detox Drinks, Deliciously Different. Vegan options and gluten free on menu and by request. 100% Original home cooking healthy cuisine. No BOOKINGS. First come first served. No WiFi No MSG No TOFU. Just great fresh home made food. Eat KUNDA. Relax in the Zen Garden and enjoy Koh Lanta.
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Kunda has to be so far my favourite Vegetarian restaurant in Thailand so far. It has been decorated in the style reminiscent of the Ayurvedic healing retreats in Kerala India. It was just across the road from the bungalow that I stayed in so I had nearly all my meals here when I stayed in Loh Lanta.

The meals here are very generous and also very tasty. My favourite was the French Crepe and the owner makes really amazing Chai which I loved. They also have floor mats and a hammock if you decide to relax after eating.

Also be prepared to be greeted by monkey the cat, who is really friendly and loves cuddles. The staff that work there were very friendly. I would definitely come back here again.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

This place was across the road from my bungalow for the whole trip but sadly I only checked it out on the last day! Fantastic food in a beautifully decorated venue.

Will definitely be back again when I'm next in Lanta! :)

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Loved it from the first time we stepped foot into it (must have been 4 times in one week in the end). Couldn't decide what shake is the best, they are all magnificent. We tried most of the menu, everything was done with love and purely organic, well, what can we say, we kept returning. Big portions, too. The overall atmosphere is unique, cozy, special. Definitely not something you`d meet a beer-drinking package crowd (although they do serve beer), so just the perfect hideaway for a rest and some whole (body&soul-)food. Also the shop in the front is worth a visit. We`re part of the Kunda family now ;) Spread the vibe!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

So this is the thing, I'm a total meat lover, I love a wide selection of choices and I don't like being told what I can and can't have.

The paradox of Kunda and particularly by its wonderful owner Lena, is that despite my rigidly indoctrinated European consumer expectation I have been emphatically converted.

My initial visit was in the full knowledge that I would be eating vegetarian. However it's hard to satisfy a devout carnivore with such sharp canines as mine so my expectations were limited and I plotted in silence to sneak off an hour later to visit the 'chicken' lady, my other other!

To my surprise and utter delight after having been presented with a fresh, generously large portion of the salade du jour (over which I had no choice) which I wolfed down ravenously I was left satisfied with the remnants of the fresh tingling senses and tastes of all the wonderfully mixed veg bouncing around my taste buds. And, on this day at least I remained faithful.

Poetry aside, it's true to say that I look forward to returning again and again to Kunda for the wonderful experience each and every time I have the opportunity to spend time on lovely Lanta.

Thank you Lena.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Kunda was just a wonderful place in any way. The food was AMAZING and for a vegan Its just a Wonder to eat there. The chef is one of the nicest persons i have met, and she makes such good food.
I serioustly want to go Back to KOH lanta just to eat at Kunda and sit and enjoy the calm and postitiv atmosphere in the smal, but super cute garden.
Its the best restaurant i have ever been to, and i im really looking forward to see a recepi book.

I recomend anyone to eat there. specially if you care about animals, the environement, Your own Health and supporting a place that does.
Not to mention that the food is to die for. And dont forget the chocolat cake.