Rawi Warin Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 14 November 2014

We've just spent a few nights at this resort and thought we would like to share our experience with fellow Tripadvisor readers. Rawi Warin is a lovely place to stay in Ko Lanta and potentially could become excellent after some improvement measure. We stayed in a Sunset Pool Villa and the rooms are spacious and nice. Living room and bedroom are separated in two small little houses which concept we do like. The private pool is more on the smaller side than those private pools we had in different villas across Asia, but the view is stunning. We had villa 310 which got the view towards the beach, and on a clear day the view from the pool is just breathtaking. The common free form infinity pool is a great place to hangout too, there are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas enough for everyone even on a very busy day, although it could get a bit cramped at times. The resort claims that the special way they treat the pool water with makes the water cleaner than the usual pool water. There are not many choices of restaurants inside the resort though, but I guess you could always go out to have your meal somewhere outside. The in-house cinema is pretty cool, we used it one time with another couple and we enjoyed it. The staff is generally helpful and friendly. In fact all in all we had a lovely time during our stay.

Unfortunately the check-out process was a bit annoying. We checked out at 12pm sharp as requested by the front desk staff the night before, even though our transport would only take us at 2:30pm to the airport as our flight departed in the early evening. We didn't mind, as we understood if they were fully booked and needed to prepare our room for the next checking-in guest. Then the lady who checked us out seemed to struggle hard to issue our bill, which reason we weren't clear as we were only asked to take a sit and wait. It was fine for us, and I told her that we would come back later around 2pm to settle the bill and we were going to kill the time at the common pool while waiting for our car. She seemed happy and relieved that she now had enough time and less pressure to finalize our bill. Surprisingly, when we came back around 2:15pm, the aforesaid lady was no longer there and didn’t leave any message to her colleagues whatsoever about our check-out, so now we had to go through the whole check out process all over again. And the same thing happened, another lady was now struggling hard to finalize the bill without us knowing what the problem was since we were asked (again) to just take a sit and wait. Normally I would just agree, but this time we got a bit nervous since we didn't want to arrive late at the airport. After I insisted and asked what seemed to be the problem, finally we got to know what it was; as I bought an advanced paid special package directly from them that included accommodation, one dinner, one lunch, a bottle of wine, one massage and two-way airport transfer, they had difficulties identifying which transactions on the bill that we still had to settle which weren't included in the package. It was a bit chaotic. We then helped them identifying and marking the single receipts and finally they managed to finalize the bill. Some amounts were looking a bit strange but as I am not a very fussy person I agreed and just settle the bill, as the amount was also around that what I had expected.

If we may suggest to the management, it would probably make everybody's life easier if there are special meal and spa vouchers issued for guests who buy this sort of package, this way your staff would be able to identify the transactions that are not included in the package much more efficiently and this certainly would speed up the check-out process.

All in all we did still enjoy our stay at Rawi Warin and hope that our review and suggestion can help improve this resort's performance in the future.

3  Thank loewinhk

Reviewed 12 November 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, this is without a doubt an excellent resort and the facilities are what you'd expect for a 5 star hotel, however the service was by far the worst we've experienced over 5 weeks travelling SE Asia and 20+ hotels ranging from 1 star to 5.

We turned up around 12 pm, a wee bit early for check in. We were greated with smiles and went through the normal check in process. We were asked to sit down while they got everything sorted. We sat there for nearly 1 hr before I got up and asked what was going on. We were then told that check in wasn't until 2 pm, however we were never told this and so sat there hoping we'd get our room soonish.

We then decided to rent a scooter from the hotel while we waited until 2, however we were told they were all out, even though they gave a couple a scooter shortly thereafter.

We killed some time down the road (hired a scooter elsewhere) and returned around 2:30. We were told to wait a wee while longer while they got everything sorted. After 30 minutes I gave into my frustration and approached 1 of the 10 staff at reception. Of course, I wasn't even acknowledged until about a minute later when I was told our room was still to be cleaned even though we were told 2 pm was good to go. We weren't happy at all and even the manager didn't seem to give a damn that we'd been mucked around for so long.

After a short drive (5 minute walk) we arrived at our room which was conveniently placed at the very back of the property. Bear in mind this hotel is huge so expect a long uphill walk if you choose the cheaper rooms. The room was great as you'd expect but the WiFi was the worst I've ever come across. It literally works for about 10 minutes a day.

Take my advice and avoid this place. There are far cheaper options up the road and you get better service and same facilities as we discovered.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 400blairh
Reviewed 10 November 2014

This hotel is good with friendly staff and a great pool. The breakfast is wide ranging and really good although it would be better if they had plastic covers to keep the flies off the fruit instead of cling film. We ate in the restaurant on our first night and unfortunately I spent the whole night throwing up so I must have got some form of food poisoning which resulted in me missing a day of my holiday as I was in bed all the next day. We didn't eat there again after that - maybe I was just unlucky!!?? It's a shame because the food (Beef Massaman Curry) looked and tasted great but maybe it hadn't been reheated enough? Each room has a DVD player but the hotel has no DVD collection? The standard rooms are exactly that so I would recommend upgrading to a bungalow if you can. Also if you don't want to walk up a steep hill choose a room nearer the pool. The hotel supplies mopeds at a reasonable price which was great to see the island and would recommend doing this, it also has a cool cinema room to book and watch a film in and a decent gym. Overall, its a good standard of hotel in a great location with a lovely pool and beach front, and the staff are all very friendly, its just a shame I had a bad experience in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Upgrade from the standard rooms if you can as the bungalows are great.
1  Thank Phil W
Reviewed 8 November 2014

This hotel exceeded all expectations. The spa was amazing, the service was excellent and scooter rentals were no hassle. Truly a 5 star resort similar to a Caribbean 5 star. I would highly recommend this to any couples or families on Koh Lanta. Food was amazing as well. The resort is pricey based on Thai prices, but you get what you pay for (meals are around 1000 baht for 2, with a drink).

The resort is very relaxed, no entertainment on site, but plenty nearby on klong nin beach.

Room Tip: Lower numbered rooms are on the lowest levels. Rooms in the 500-800 range are way up the hill. There...
Reviewed 5 November 2014

Well where do i start...Me and my boyfrienf hired a car to have a look round the island and came across this little gem. We asked if we could have a look at the room before we decided which they allowed us.
This really is 5 star and you are treated great from checking in to checking out. The staff are very helpful and speak great english.
The buffet breakfast has a massive selction of items so you never get bored.
The rooms are nice and spacious and is equipt with everything you need.
The beach is a little rocky but you arent going to get a 5 star hotel on a better beach than that.
They have a cinema and music room which is awesome.
The pics on the net really dont do it justice!
the pool is big and very relaxing, great for kids too they have a slide.
i would highly recommend this hotel and also this Island if you are planning a trip to thailand.
i will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: get a sea room at low level as you can still get a view of the sea and the hotel pond but less walki...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple