All reviewspond roomocean poolping pongmonitor lizardspool bardeluxe roombreakfast buffet islow seasonmain poolklong nin beachtravel agentnice beachrooms are bigsun loungerstuk tukthai massageandaman sea
Reviewed 13 March 2015

This is nowhere near being a five star hotel.
The service is possibly the worst I have experienced.
The staff are all very polite, but they just don't know how to do their jobs.
On the first day, it took an hour to get a bowl of pasta for my two kids.
We also tried an evening meal a few days later. We had to cancel after being there for an hour without even getting a drink.
When I spoke to the manager I realised that nothing would change. He was nice but totally ineffectual.
It's a good area, close to lots of nice beach restaurants, but don't waste your money staying here.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank danielhUk
Reviewed 10 March 2015

We were in Koh Lanta, our first stop with Andaman Adventures (top marks to them for a brill holiday). We were looking to book Pimalai, but they were fully booked. Our agent booked this resort and we were happy we went with their suggestions. This resort has an amazing aura about it. It is so charming, from the gardens, to the pools and the rooms itself. Wow factor, 10 out of 10. We booked the Pond Room and that room had everything you would need if you are on holiday as a couple. The room also came with a beautiful balcony overlooking the sea and the garden a tiny bit. Our favourite feature at this resort was the Ozone Pool, which was very relaxing. Night time, this resort is romantic and the food served for dinner is perfect for honeymooners along with some nice cocktails to go with it. I don't know if I would ever bring my family here, this resort is just too perfect for couples.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jayce N
Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

The hotel looks amazing and we were excited....but then we went to the restaurant! The service was terrible, the food way below what you would expect for 5 Stars. The poor service continued through the whole trip, although only at lunch, as we tried the restaurant once more, and then never again. The price for food was way too high for what you got, if you got what you ordered.

Snacks were none existent.

Wifi, a continued frustration for everybody, in the end we simply gave up.

No entertainment for kids, so early nights to bed if you do not leave the resort.

If you go, eat out!!!

The pool was not functioning with the ozone only cleaning for 2 days, and with a poor beach, we had to leave the resort.

Never would recommend this place to anyone, do not let the pictures fool you. It looks amazing, but it stops there!

Stayed: February 2015
6  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 1 March 2015

Rawi Warin Resort and Spa in Krabi area in Thailand was just what we went for! Our room was close to the pools and we first thought it would be all that baila-baila all night. But no: silence fell around 9 PM. We really had good nights of sleep!

The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was overwhelming and the staff was very kind and helpful; just as you can imagine as it is in the 'land of smile'. The massagers were on the beach were professional and their prices were modest. So, my wife and I took a treatment every day. Sometimes we trie the famous thai-massage and somedays the staff said: "oo noo, youu have sunburn, youu take aloe vera!" And so we did. It really was a good advice!

We stayed there for a fortnight. Next time we'll stay on Ko Lanta only for one week and spend the second week on the continent. Because of the tide, we had to leave the hotel in the midnight even if the homebound flight from Krabi Airport took place at noon. The last day of our splendid holiday was almost a disaster because of tht. In addition, our travel agency (TUI/ Finnmatkat) had its reasons to get our take off prolonged. The last day of our splendid holiday was almost a disaster because of that.

According to my wife's and my own experience I can recommend Rawi Warin (standing for The Clean Waters?) to everybody. To elderly people as well as to families with children. February 2014 was a good timing for staying there.

We also used their laundry service. It wasn't too expensive, even if it would have been almost for free in the village. We just filled in the laundry bags and got clean and ironed clothes into our room next day. My personal opinion is that it is good to use the local services in poorer countries and thus help their people to maintain themselves and their families.

Room Tip: In case you are aware of the tsunamis, you'd better take a room up the hill. On the other hand, consider the better rooms closer to the beach and try to negotiate a decent price for them.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wallriver
Reviewed 26 February 2015

The resort is a beautiful property set on the cliffs of Koh Lanta - with a stunning infinity pool overlooking the ocean. The beach is rocky, and not particularly one of the best that I've seen (but still gorgeous). I have to admit, this was my least favorite (and most expensive) hotel during our two week trip in Thailand. Most of the rooms are located high up on the hills - and although we're a young, fit couple - it's too hot to walk up the steep hills. You have to rely on the golf carts to pick you up, and often they are late. The food/drinks are double the prices of neighboring resorts. I recommend walking a few steps down the beach and having dinner and the neighboring hotel (beachfront, fireshow on Fri night).

Though this review is largely negative, I would like to give special attention to one particular staff member who made our trip memorable - John (from Phillipines). He was the best, always checking up on us to see if we needed anything.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple