“Average food, great smoothies”
Review of Bambies

Bambies
Ranked #165 of 409 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We had dinner at this restaurant a day or so after arriving on the island, trying out different places. It has the same lovely sea views and laid back atmosphere as all the other beachfront cafes, and the menu is similar as well.
For our first meal we had tom yam soup (they did a vegetarian version at our request), morning glory, and larb gai. While the food was ok, it was not outstanding, lacking the kick you expect from Thai food.
Despite this we returned a few times for lunch as it was very close to our hotel. Again, any Thai choices were a bit bland, be it tom kha gai (the chicken coconut soup), the spring rolls, or the fried rice. However, it was probably better than the Western dishes we had - a tuna salad with canned tuna was just about ok, a grilled chicken salad very boring, and the hot dog my unfortunate partner ordered once was so awful, he only had a few bites.
What made us return a few times were the fabulous smoothies: a fantastic choice, and all the ones we tried were excellent. My absolute favourite was 'Get Up, Stand Up', made with lime, honey, and lots of mint (and a little added ginger at our request) - I became almost addicted to this drink.
Service was a little hesitant the first time (some of the servers speak little English) but once they got to know us they were very sweet. All our meals were between THB550 and THB650, a little bit above the average - worth for the smoothies alone, if not the food.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The food in the Bambies is expensive and has nothing to do with Thailand.
The curry was a flavorless liquid with a few shrimp in it.
It lacked everything that makes a Thai curry.
The staff is not critical at all.
It is threatened very quickly with the police if you do not pay.
I can only really warn about the Bambies.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have been staying in Koh Lanta for 14 days and Bambies have been our favourite place visiting more then 10 times (lunch and dinner). We have our 10 month old son with us and in Bambies they really care about you and your family which create a great environment and easy being a parent.

The smoothies are really good. My favorite is the Sleeping Beauty. The food is good, and they do understand not too spicy. We have tried a lot but for lunch a good Thai omelette is really appreciated. Their special courses as well as the curry's are great with lots of taste and fresh made.

Then view is PERFECT.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We were vegetarians so choice was limited. They did try to make what we wanted but it was not all that great. Its a quiet place with good decor

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The food was actually alright, but I had to wait an hour until I finally got my dish. After I finally received it, I was the only one at my table with food in front of me. The others finally got their orders after I was done with my meal. Would not go there again