“Unexpected gem”

The Flying Dutchman Restaurant/Bar
Ranked #12 of 419 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Description: Thank you for searching our restaurant/bar! The Flying Dutchman is a really nice place on the beach to relax. If you want to start your day with a nice coffee and breakfast, this is the place to be. We serve delicious meals, nice fruit shakes/smoothies and beverages. We have a very good chef who will surprise you with any meal you take from our cart. We use fresh products only.
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Went there as another place wasn't open and in all honesty wasn't expecting much as it was empty bar one other table.
However, best food I've had in Thailand so far. Picked a tom soup for my main and the wife had a tuna baguette that she said was Devine. My soup was refreshing and was exactly what I didn't know I'd been craving. The rice was perfection and the shrimps were delicious. It was so good that we went back today and I had a pad Thai which shouldn't have legally been as good as it was.
The owners are a lovely couple who are very welcoming and the service is great. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for some yummy food at an absolute bargain! The prices should be higher in my opinion because my Lord can that woman cook!!

Thank you for being the best food of my two week stay! (Can't speak entirely for the wife, just me !)

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The Flying Dutchman is such a great place. The owner is so bad playing pool tho. Good food and chill place, with pool and funny treat.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I don't know who the man geting orders and bringing food was, if he is the owner or not, but he is greaaaaaaat.
The atmosphere is nice, both table and sitting on a wooden nice place is provided. You can even relax on a hanging bed.
Everything here was tasty, including salads. We were four starving people, we had to wait some time but it definitely worthed it.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My family of 5 has just spent a few days on the island and found this fabulous restaurant and bar owned and operated by the nicest couple you will ever meet. We enjoyed their company and food so much we kept returning and its also good value for money. We ate almost everything on the menu but our favourites were the red curry, tempura prawns, garlic and pepper chicken and the carbonara.

The location too is idyllic. Take off your shoes grab a hammock and watch the tide come in and remember you are in paradise!!

Thanks for a very special few days and your warm friendship and we hope to see you soon in our home country Romania.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Ended up here as it was very close to our hotel, we then proceeded to come back every night as the staff we're incredibly nice and the food was amazing. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a chilled out meal/drink in a lovely location